Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » EMF » NullPointerException during code-generation from UML Profile
NullPointerException during code-generation from UML Profile [message #1438301] Sun, 05 October 2014 21:47 Go to next message
Max Bureck is currently offline Max BureckFriend
Hi,

In Eclipse UPR we are trying to create static profile implementations of standardized UML profiles. When working on the BPMN profile a NullPointerException occurred during generation of EMF classes from the Profile. I will post a stack trace (using Luna SR 1) below. When debugging the problem I didn't immediately understand the root cause of the exception. But I can make the generation work when changing the variable "handlerURI" class XMLResourceImpl after line 302 to a non-null URI by using debugging tools. The actual class during runtime is EcoreResourceFactoryImpl$1. I will add an attachment with the profile in question. I would like to know if there is something fundamentally wrong with the model or if this is a bug in EMF. If something is wrong with the model, a different error message may be helpful.

Thank you very much,
Max

Here is the stack trace:

java.lang.NullPointerException
at org.eclipse.emf.codegen.ecore.genmodel.generator.GenPackageGeneratorAdapter$3.redirect(GenPackageGeneratorAdapter.java:483)
at org.eclipse.emf.codegen.ecore.genmodel.generator.GenPackageGeneratorAdapter$3.setBaseURI(GenPackageGeneratorAdapter.java:534)
at org.eclipse.emf.ecore.xmi.impl.XMLResourceImpl.doSave(XMLResourceImpl.java:401)
at org.eclipse.emf.ecore.resource.impl.ResourceImpl.save(ResourceImpl.java:1430)
at org.eclipse.emf.ecore.resource.impl.ResourceImpl.saveOnlyIfChangedWithMemoryBuffer(ResourceImpl.java:1144)
at org.eclipse.emf.ecore.resource.impl.ResourceImpl.save(ResourceImpl.java:985)
at org.eclipse.emf.codegen.ecore.genmodel.generator.GenPackageGeneratorAdapter.generatePackageSerialization(GenPackageGeneratorAdapter.java:544)
at org.eclipse.emf.codegen.ecore.genmodel.generator.GenPackageGeneratorAdapter.generateModel(GenPackageGeneratorAdapter.java:213)
at org.eclipse.emf.codegen.ecore.genmodel.generator.GenBaseGeneratorAdapter.doGenerate(GenBaseGeneratorAdapter.java:215)
at org.eclipse.emf.codegen.ecore.generator.AbstractGeneratorAdapter.generate(AbstractGeneratorAdapter.java:317)
at org.eclipse.emf.codegen.ecore.generator.Generator.generate(Generator.java:708)
at org.eclipse.emf.codegen.ecore.genmodel.presentation.GeneratorUIUtil$GeneratorOperation.execute(GeneratorUIUtil.java:178)
at org.eclipse.ui.actions.WorkspaceModifyOperation$1.run(WorkspaceModifyOperation.java:106)
at org.eclipse.core.internal.resources.Workspace.run(Workspace.java:2313)
at org.eclipse.ui.actions.WorkspaceModifyOperation.run(WorkspaceModifyOperation.java:118)
at org.eclipse.jface.operation.ModalContext$ModalContextThread.run(ModalContext.java:122)
Re: NullPointerException during code-generation from UML Profile [message #1438482 is a reply to message #1438301] Mon, 06 October 2014 04:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ed Merks is currently offline Ed MerksFriend
Max,

Unfortunately it's a bug.

https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=445659

I'll get it fixed this week and it will be available as an update.

On 05/10/2014 11:47 PM, Max Bureck wrote:
> Hi,
>
> In Eclipse UPR we are trying to create static profile implementations of standardized UML profiles. When working on the BPMN profile a NullPointerException occurred during generation of EMF classes from the Profile. I will post a stack trace (using Luna SR 1) below. When debugging the problem I didn't immediately understand the root cause of the exception. But I can make the generation work when changing the variable "handlerURI" class XMLResourceImpl after line 302 to a non-null URI by using debugging tools. The actual class during runtime is EcoreResourceFactoryImpl$1. I will add an attachment with the profile in question. I would like to know if there is something fundamentally wrong with the model or if this is a bug in EMF. If something is wrong with the model, a different error message may be helpful.
>
> Thank you very much,
> Max
>
> Here is the stack trace:
>
> java.lang.NullPointerException
> at org.eclipse.emf.codegen.ecore.genmodel.generator.GenPackageGeneratorAdapter$3.redirect(GenPackageGeneratorAdapter.java:483)
> at org.eclipse.emf.codegen.ecore.genmodel.generator.GenPackageGeneratorAdapter$3.setBaseURI(GenPackageGeneratorAdapter.java:534)
> at org.eclipse.emf.ecore.xmi.impl.XMLResourceImpl.doSave(XMLResourceImpl.java:401)
> at org.eclipse.emf.ecore.resource.impl.ResourceImpl.save(ResourceImpl.java:1430)
> at org.eclipse.emf.ecore.resource.impl.ResourceImpl.saveOnlyIfChangedWithMemoryBuffer(ResourceImpl.java:1144)
> at org.eclipse.emf.ecore.resource.impl.ResourceImpl.save(ResourceImpl.java:985)
> at org.eclipse.emf.codegen.ecore.genmodel.generator.GenPackageGeneratorAdapter.generatePackageSerialization(GenPackageGeneratorAdapter.java:544)
> at org.eclipse.emf.codegen.ecore.genmodel.generator.GenPackageGeneratorAdapter.generateModel(GenPackageGeneratorAdapter.java:213)
> at org.eclipse.emf.codegen.ecore.genmodel.generator.GenBaseGeneratorAdapter.doGenerate(GenBaseGeneratorAdapter.java:215)
> at org.eclipse.emf.codegen.ecore.generator.AbstractGeneratorAdapter.generate(AbstractGeneratorAdapter.java:317)
> at org.eclipse.emf.codegen.ecore.generator.Generator.generate(Generator.java:708)
> at org.eclipse.emf.codegen.ecore.genmodel.presentation.GeneratorUIUtil$GeneratorOperation.execute(GeneratorUIUtil.java:178)
> at org.eclipse.ui.actions.WorkspaceModifyOperation$1.run(WorkspaceModifyOperation.java:106)
> at org.eclipse.core.internal.resources.Workspace.run(Workspace.java:2313)
> at org.eclipse.ui.actions.WorkspaceModifyOperation.run(WorkspaceModifyOperation.java:118)
> at org.eclipse.jface.operation.ModalContext$ModalContextThread.run(ModalContext.java:122)
>

Ed Merks
Professional Support: https://www.macromodeling.com/
Re: NullPointerException during code-generation from UML Profile [message #1438561 is a reply to message #1438482] Mon, 06 October 2014 07:55 Go to previous message
Max Bureck is currently offline Max BureckFriend
Hi Ed,
Thanks for taking care of this! I didn't see this bug entry.

Cheers,
Max
Previous Topic:Detecting problem marker update completion
Next Topic:Load ecore metamodel in eclipse runtime
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 23:07:41 GMT 2024