Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Newcomers » Newcomers » Variables view problems(There is no option to change variable when right clicking.)
Variables view problems [message #1438216] Sun, 05 October 2014 18:22 Go to next message
Jeremy Bishop is currently offline Jeremy BishopFriend
So I've been messing around with eclipse and just going through the guide to familiarize myself with eclipse and I came across something that has me scratching my head. I'm new to programming but I feel this is not that.

I was in the final stages of debugging the program in this guide.

http://help.eclipse.org/luna/index.jsp?topic=%2Forg.eclipse.cdt.doc.user%2Fconcepts%2Fcdt_o_home.htm

and it says "In the Variables view, right-click the input variable, and select Change Value... and type 'm' between the single quotes and hit OK" ...

I did that and there is no option to change value. I can copy variables but there is no option to change value... not even grayed out.

Any ideas?

Appreciate the help.
Re: Variables view problems [message #1438757 is a reply to message #1438216] Mon, 06 October 2014 12:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Eric Rizzo is currently offline Eric RizzoFriend
Is this C/C++ related? If so, I'll move it to the CDT forum.
Re: Variables view problems [message #1440081 is a reply to message #1438757] Tue, 07 October 2014 23:29 Go to previous message
Jeremy Bishop is currently offline Jeremy BishopFriend
Yes I apologize. You can delete it. I started a thread there. I wasn't sure exactly which to put it in.

Thank you.
Previous Topic:(javascript) problem with properties called "delete"
Next Topic:Re: EMF : Code generation from ecore and genmodel
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 22:13:28 GMT 2024