Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » Java Development Tools (JDT) » Kepler crashes on Ubuntu 14.04(how to prevent from crashes)
icon3.gif   Kepler crashes on Ubuntu 14.04 [message #1437663] Sat, 04 October 2014 20:32 Go to next message
sravan kumar is currently offline sravan kumarFriend
Hi guys ,

I'm using eclipse kepler in ubuntu 14.04 , it is crashing like anything and it is taking huge time to getting into workspace .

could any one please suggest me which version of eclipse is more stable in ubuntu 14.04 ?

please let me know how to improve eclipse performance ?

configuration details :

RAM :12 gb
CPU : i5
Re: Kepler crashes on Ubuntu 14.04 [message #1438950 is a reply to message #1437663] Mon, 06 October 2014 18:16 Go to previous message
Stephan Herrmann is currently offline Stephan HerrmannFriend
First: kepler no longer is the latest. Please consider trying Luna (Luna SR1 was recently released).

In my observation the most frequent causes for crashing Eclipse on Ubuntu are related to SWT on GTK.
Check if the JVM dumped any log files from where you can see what exactly broke.

If you have more information on the crash, you might find s.t. in bugzilla that could actually mention a workaround or solution for your problem. As a starting point for a bugzilla query you may want to use:
https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/query.cgi?classification=Eclipse&component=SWT&op_sys=Linux-GTK&product=Platform&query_format=advanced
but this needs more criteria to narrow down to a managable list ...

Stephan
Previous Topic:Eclipse Standard package not listed for download
Next Topic:servlet mapping
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed Apr 24 14:02:47 GMT 2024