Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Newcomers » Newcomers » Eclipse Luna not launching(My Eclipse Luna is not launching on Windows 8.1 - What can I do to get it to work again?)
Eclipse Luna not launching [message #1435975] Thu, 02 October 2014 07:57 Go to next message
Marvin Lunz is currently offline Marvin LunzFriend
I've been using Eclipse Luna on my notebook for quite a long time now and it worked without severe problems. But now it won't start anymore. The Splash shows up for a short time but nothing else happens. I already backed up my workspace and deleted the workspace directory. I also deleted my eclipse folder and extracted the originally downloaded zip to recreate it. So - I thought - everything should be in the old state. But still it does not launch.

I really don't now how to fix this now.

What I did in the last few days(Something must have caused the problem in these days):

- I installed the java SDK to use it in the windows console(independent from eclipse)
- I downloaded the Android SDK(Eclipse + ADT Bundle) and created an own workspace for it and configured it to use this workspace
- I installed XAMPP - Which did not start because a port was in use by another software - So I killed the task which - XAMPP told me - was using this port
- I installed Visual Studio Express 2013 for Windows Desktop

Does anyone have an idea that could solve my problem? Thanks in advance!
Re: Eclipse Luna not launching [message #1436117 is a reply to message #1435975] Thu, 02 October 2014 12:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Denis Roy is currently offline Denis RoyFriend

I've moved this to Newcomers since you'll likely get more eyeballs in here.

Denis Roy
Eclipse Webmaster -- webmaster@eclipse.org
Re: Eclipse Luna not launching [message #1436262 is a reply to message #1436117] Thu, 02 October 2014 16:25 Go to previous message
Eric Rizzo is currently offline Eric RizzoFriend
In the Eclipse installation that is failing, have you specified the exact JVM you want it to run in via eclipse.ini?
Previous Topic:Eclipse 4.2.0 fail to launch after tried to change permgen size
Next Topic:How to get HTML Table content on Android using Eclipse
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 18:53:36 GMT 2024