Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Mylyn » No tasks shown after selecting "Show only my tasks" filter
No tasks shown after selecting "Show only my tasks" filter [message #1435285] Wed, 01 October 2014 09:04 Go to next message
Francisco Mourao is currently offline Francisco MouraoFriend
Hi all,

I'm starting to use Mylyn with mantis (Eclipse 4.4.1; Mylyn 3.13.0; Mantis Connector: 3.10.1; Mantis 1.2.14).

I'm able to load all tasks from a specific project. Some of these tasks are assigned to me.
Although when i click on "Show only my tasks" filter, all tasks are cleared.

I was expecting too see only the tasks "assigned" to me. The term "assigned" as know in mantis.
Right?

I've already checked this link:
http://wiki.eclipse.org/Mylyn/FAQ#Why_do_my_tasks_not_appear_in_the_Task_List.3F

but everything is ok. I'm not using any other filter.

I believe that "Show only my tasks" associates "my" with the user I configure to access mantis.
And then filters the issues to show only the issues with assigned field equal to that user....

Any help?

Regards,
Francisco Mourão
Re: No tasks shown after selecting "Show only my tasks" filter [message #1435715 is a reply to message #1435285] Wed, 01 October 2014 22:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Sam Davis is currently offline Sam DavisFriend
Hi,

A couple of questions. When you hover over a task assigned to you in the task list, do you see the gold person icon next to "Assigned to <your name>" in the tooltip? Does your name as it appears in the assignee field of the task match what appears in the repository settings?

Cheers,
Sam
Re: No tasks shown after selecting "Show only my tasks" filter [message #1436004 is a reply to message #1435715] Thu, 02 October 2014 08:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi Sam,
thanks for replying.

No. I don't see the gold person icon next "Assigned to <my full name>" when I hover over a task assigned to me.

The picture in attachment "mylyn-snapshots.png" shows what I see when I hover over one of my tasks, displaying my full name next to "Assigned to ". In the middle, there's a snapshot of the task detail showing that the task is assigned to my user: fmourao; and below, the mantis repository settings configured again with my user: fmourao

index.php/fa/19349/0/

I have 3 other guys from my team trying out mylyn, before spreading to the rest of the team. We all have the same environment and we are all experiencing this same problem.

Please tell me if you need more info.

Thanx in advance,
Francisco Mourão
Re: No tasks shown after selecting "Show only my tasks" filter [message #1436018 is a reply to message #1436004] Thu, 02 October 2014 09:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Further info:

This is what I get when I use a webService client and request mc_filter_get_issues of mantisconnect.php, and obtain that same issue:

<item xsi:type="tns:IssueData">
             <id xsi:type="xsd:integer">17995</id>
             <handler xsi:type="tns:AccountData">
                  <id xsi:type="xsd:integer">68</id>
                  <name xsi:type="xsd:string">fmourao</name>
                  <real_name xsi:type="xsd:string">Francisco Dário Mourão</real_name>
                  <email xsi:type="xsd:string">my@email</email>
              </handler>
</item>

It seems that handler is the tag associated to the assignee.
If so, again everything looks ok...
Re: No tasks shown after selecting "Show only my tasks" filter [message #1439076 is a reply to message #1436018] Mon, 06 October 2014 21:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Sam Davis is currently offline Sam DavisFriend
Francisco,

Thanks a lot for reporting this. I did some investigation and found out that there is a bug in Mylyn that causes this feature not to work with certain connectors. I have already started work on a fix and I hope it will be available in the next release and in a weekly build sometime soon. Weekly builds are available from the update site http://download.eclipse.org/mylyn/snapshots/weekly.

For reference, here is the Bugzilla bug I opened:
446091: [api] allow clients to determine when the current user owns an ITask
https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=446091

Cheers,
Sam
Re: No tasks shown after selecting "Show only my tasks" filter [message #1439523 is a reply to message #1439076] Tue, 07 October 2014 08:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thanks for the analysis Sam.

I'll be monitoring the issue.

Regards,
Francisco Mourão
Re: No tasks shown after selecting "Show only my tasks" filter [message #1717767 is a reply to message #1439523] Wed, 16 December 2015 15:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Paul Reuter is currently offline Paul ReuterFriend
Hello, I am reviving this old thread, because I am encountering the exact same issue as Francisco.

That is, the tooltip on the task shows my "real name", the task shows my userID, the same as the task repository, but the "Show only my tasks" filter hides these tasks.

This affects only tasks that have been created by another user and assigned to me. As soon as I change something in that task and click "submit", it will be properly treated as my task.

Kind regards,
Paul

[Updated on: Wed, 16 December 2015 15:38]

Report message to a moderator

Re: No tasks shown after selecting "Show only my tasks" filter [message #1718586 is a reply to message #1435285] Sun, 27 December 2015 21:45 Go to previous message
Antoine Davous is currently offline Antoine DavousFriend
Exactly the same problem here with :
Eclipse Mars.1 (4.5.4)
Mylyn Mantis Connector UI : 3.10.1.201407122122
MantisBT Server : 1.2.19

My Mantis login is: Antoine
My Mantis full name is: Antoine Davous

When hovering over tasks, it is showing assigned to Antoine Davous (full name)
Repository is obviously configured with login: antoine (login)
Assigned field in detailed left pane task is: antoine (login)

When clicking on Show only my tasks button, none are shown.

Regards

Previous Topic:Mylyn 3.13 is now available
Next Topic:Any plans to support the Cloudbees Folder Plugin in the Jenkins / Hudson Build View?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 15:31:56 GMT 2024