Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » ServerTools (WTP) » Define a New Server choosing GlassFish 3.1 gives Internal Error
Define a New Server choosing GlassFish 3.1 gives Internal Error [message #1435284] Wed, 01 October 2014 09:04 Go to next message
Paul Offord is currently offline Paul OffordFriend
I have installed the Luna release of Eclipse IDE for Java EE Developers on Windows 7 64 bit. I have also installed GlassFish Tools for Luna from the Eclipse Market place.

I am having problems creating a GlassFish server. I haven't installed GlassFish yet as I understand that I get the option to install it during the creation of a new server.

The procedure I'm using is:

1. From the Java EE perspective I click on the Servers tab in the bottom window
  2. I then click on the link to create a new server
  3. The define a New Server dialogue box appears and I choose GlassFish 3.1
  4. I then click next and I get a dialogue box called "Define GlassFish runtime properties" but the box is empty except for the words "Internal error" (screenshot attached)

I am following a GlassFish Tutorial video on YouTube called "Java EE Tutorial #1 - Starting with Glassfish" by Dennis Kriechel (can't put the link in - the forum won't let me).

I've followed this procedure up to 1:45 into the video and it is at that point where the tutor clicks Next that I get the error.

I get the same problem with the Luna release of Eclipse IDE for Java EE Developers on Centos.

Is this a known problem? Am I doing something wrong?

Thanks and regards...Paul
Re: Define a New Server choosing GlassFish 3.1 gives Internal Error [message #1435902 is a reply to message #1435284] Thu, 02 October 2014 05:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Paul Offord is currently offline Paul OffordFriend
Made a bit of progress investigating this. I installed GlassFish using the self extracting file ogs-3.1.2.2-unix.sh. As I expected, I still get the error in Eclipse.

I also realised that, although I had installed Java HotSpot, my profile still had the preferable version of Java set to OpenJDK, which wasn't my intention. I've now fixed that and java -version gives:

java version "1.7.0_67"
Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment (build 1.7.0_67-b01)
Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM (build 24.65-b04, mixed mode)

The problem persisted.

I then discovered an option to add GlassFish Plugin entries to the Eclipse IDE log in $HOME/workspace/.metadata/.log

Recreating the problem I get the following entries:

!MESSAGE GlassFish: in AbstractGlassfishServer initializeGlassFish 3.1 at localhost

!ENTRY oracle.eclipse.tools.glassfish 1 1 2014-10-02 06:20:56.968
!MESSAGE GlassFish: in glassfish could not readServerConfiguration - probably invalid domain

!ENTRY oracle.eclipse.tools.glassfish 1 1 2014-10-02 06:20:56.969
!MESSAGE GlassFish: in AbstractGlassfishRuntime initialize

I'm not sure how the plugin would know where to find the server configuration information as it hasn't yet prompted me for the path details. The running OGS has a single domain called domain1.
Re: Define a New Server choosing GlassFish 3.1 gives Internal Error [message #1435989 is a reply to message #1435284] Thu, 02 October 2014 08:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Clemens Stich is currently offline Clemens StichFriend
Hi,

Unfortunately I face exactly the same issue!

My setup:
- Windows 7 (64 bit)
- JdK 7 (Oracle)
- Eclipse Luna (WTP)

I have no special plugins installed except the gradle integration plugin.

I am quite new to the eclipse marketplace stuff... Is there the possibility to file a issue without being a well-known member?
Re: Define a New Server choosing GlassFish 3.1 gives Internal Error [message #1436031 is a reply to message #1435902] Thu, 02 October 2014 09:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Piotr Minkowski is currently offline Piotr MinkowskiFriend
I've got same problem also for GF4
Re: Define a New Server choosing GlassFish 3.1 gives Internal Error [message #1436204 is a reply to message #1436031] Thu, 02 October 2014 14:54 Go to previous message
Roberto Sanchez Herrera is currently offline Roberto Sanchez HerreraFriend
Hi,
An answer was provided in this message: https://www.eclipse.org/forums/index.php/m/1436184/?srch=glassfish#msg_1436184
Previous Topic:Files with long names are not republished on HTTP Preview
Next Topic:Javascript editor hangs for long period
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 18 10:01:45 GMT 2024