Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » Java Development Tools (JDT) » jzy3d Setup in Eclipse Tips
jzy3d Setup in Eclipse Tips [message #1435075] Wed, 01 October 2014 01:45
David Streid is currently offline David StreidFriend
I inherited a project in eclipse that generates nodes and edges that it is my job to visualize using the jzy3d library. The previous owner had implemented all visualization using the GEF framework in eclipse, but this is limited to 2d representations.

I downloaded the jzy3d.jar file from the jzy3d website downloads page and added the .jar file to my project as an external .jar file (Right click project > properties > Java Build Path > Libraries > add External .jar). I couldn't figure out how to add it as "add JARS", so I just took it from my downloads folder. There are no errors so it looks like it's importing correctly.

The problem is that even when I take code from online tutorials that should work, I am rewarded with a blank graphing screen instead of the cool jzy3d visuals. I am currently learning from a jzy3d-quickstart tutorial I found online.

Has anyone worked with jzy3d in eclipse? Are there any set up steps that I'm missing or any troubleshooting advice that you have? My most immediate issue is getting some of these tutorials I'm learning from to work in eclipse. Even if you have other guides about this or any other useful subjects that you could refer me to, I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks guys!
Previous Topic:Problem by resolving typs by HalloWorld
Next Topic:Finding length of editor
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 20:40:46 GMT 2024