Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Newcomers » Newcomers » Define a New Server choosing GlassFish 3.1 gives Internal Error
Define a New Server choosing GlassFish 3.1 gives Internal Error [message #1433736] Mon, 29 September 2014 07:30 Go to next message
Paul Offord is currently offline Paul OffordFriend
I have installed the Luna release of Eclipse IDE for Java EE Developers on Windows 7 64 bit. I have also installed GlassFish Tools for Luna from the Eclipse Market place.

I am having problems creating a GlassFish server. I haven't installed GlassFish yet as I understand that I get the option to install it during the creation of a new server.
The procedure I'm using is:

1. From the Java EE perspective I click on the Servers tab in the bottom window
  2. I then click on the link to create a new server
  3. The define a New Server dialogue box appears and I choose GlassFish 3.1
  4. I then click next and I get a dialogue box called "Define GlassFish runtime properties" but the box is empty except for the words "Internal error" (screenshot attached)

I am following a GlassFish Tutorial video on YouTube called "Java EE Tutorial #1 - Starting with Glassfish" by Dennis Kriechel (can't put the link in - the forum won't let me).

I've followed this procedure up to 1:45 into the video and it is at that point where the tutor clicks Next that I get the error.

Is this a known problem? Am I doing something wrong?

Thanks and regards...Paul
Re: Define a New Server choosing GlassFish 3.1 gives Internal Error [message #1434336 is a reply to message #1433736] Tue, 30 September 2014 01:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Russell Bateman is currently offline Russell BatemanFriend

On 09/29/2014 01:30 AM, Paul Offord wrote:
> I have installed the Luna release of Eclipse IDE for Java EE Developers on Windows 7 64 bit. I have also installed GlassFish Tools for Luna from the Eclipse Market place.
>
> I am having problems creating a GlassFish server. I haven't installed GlassFish yet as I understand that I get the option to install it during the creation of a new server.
> The procedure I'm using is:
>
>
> From the Java EE perspective I click on the Servers tab in the bottom window
> I then click on the link to create a new server
> The define a New Server dialogue box appears and I choose GlassFish 3.1
> I then click next and I get a dialogue box called "Define GlassFish runtime properties" but the box is empty except for the words "Internal error" (screenshot attached)
>
>
> I am following a GlassFish Tutorial video on YouTube called "Java EE Tutorial #1 - Starting with Glassfish" by Dennis Kriechel (can't put the link in - the forum won't let me).
>
> I've followed this procedure up to 1:45 into the video and it is at that point where the tutor clicks Next that I get the error.
>
> Is this a known problem? Am I doing something wrong?
>
> Thanks and regards...Paul

Post this in Eclipse WDT forum.
Re: Define a New Server choosing GlassFish 3.1 gives Internal Error [message #1434992 is a reply to message #1434336] Tue, 30 September 2014 22:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Paul Offord is currently offline Paul OffordFriend
Hi,

I can't find the WDT Forum. Is this the same as the Web Tools Project (WTP) Forum?

Thanks and regards...Paul
Re: Define a New Server choosing GlassFish 3.1 gives Internal Error [message #1435814 is a reply to message #1434992] Thu, 02 October 2014 02:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Russell Bateman is currently offline Russell BatemanFriend

On 09/30/2014 04:38 PM, Paul Offord wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I can't find the WDT Forum. Is this the same as the Web Tools Project
> (WTP) Forum?
>
> Thanks and regards...Paul

Yes. Sorry for the confusion. I'm getting old and it's starting to slip.
Re: Define a New Server choosing GlassFish 3.1 gives Internal Error [message #1435925 is a reply to message #1433736] Thu, 02 October 2014 06:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Jan Kowalski is currently offline Jan KowalskiFriend
I experience exactly the same problem when adding GlassFish runtime. If you find solution anywhere else please post it here as well.
Re: Define a New Server choosing GlassFish 3.1 gives Internal Error [message #1436102 is a reply to message #1433736] Thu, 02 October 2014 12:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yakov Fain is currently offline Yakov FainFriend
GlassFish for Luna seem to be broken (I'm using MAC OS). I tried to download them using the Help | Eclipse MArketPlace menu - no luck.

I filed a bug at GlassFish a week ago, but there is no response so far.
Re: Define a New Server choosing GlassFish 3.1 gives Internal Error [message #1436184 is a reply to message #1436102] Thu, 02 October 2014 14:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Konstantin Komissarchik is currently offline Konstantin KomissarchikFriend
Thanks for reporting this issue. We have fixed the "GlassFish Tools for Luna" entry on Eclipse Marketplace. Please try installing again. We did not reproduce any issues with "GlassFish Tools for Kepler".

In the future, you will get a more expedient response to questions regarding GlassFish Tools for Eclipse, but posting on the following forum:

https://community.oracle.com/community/java/java_development_tools/application_development_in_java/enterprise_pack_for_eclipse
Re: Define a New Server choosing GlassFish 3.1 gives Internal Error [message #1436208 is a reply to message #1436184] Thu, 02 October 2014 14:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Piotr Minkowski is currently offline Piotr MinkowskiFriend
I installed newest version. No I got other error for GF 4.1: Invalid user name or password. Valuas are default admin and no pass
  • Attachment: gf.png
    (Size: 28.87KB, Downloaded 320 times)
Re: Define a New Server choosing GlassFish 3.1 gives Internal Error [message #1436328 is a reply to message #1436208] Thu, 02 October 2014 18:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Jan Kowalski is currently offline Jan KowalskiFriend
It seems that latest (7.3) GlassFish Tools plugin for Luna is broken. I installed 7.2 (site address ending with 12.1.3.1/luna/repository - I am not allowed to provide full) and it works.
Re: Define a New Server choosing GlassFish 3.1 gives Internal Error [message #1437674 is a reply to message #1436328] Sat, 04 October 2014 20:58 Go to previous message
JK Mising name is currently offline JK Mising nameFriend
@Jan Kowalski : Thank You.
Previous Topic:RXTX uucp_lock() /var/lock/LK.051.019.002
Next Topic:Exception in thread "main" java.lang.Error: Unresolved compilation problem error?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 14:36:54 GMT 2024