Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Eclipse 4 » Setting the contribution URI for an MCompositePart(How can I define the contribution URI for an MCompositePart element?)
Setting the contribution URI for an MCompositePart [message #1431164] Thu, 25 September 2014 09:38
Uwe San is currently offline Uwe SanFriend
Hi,

I installed version 0.14.0.v20140806-0758 of the e4 tools plugin to get support for MCompositePart elements. The support does not seem to be complete since I cannot add an MCompositePart element to any container using the graphical editor. "MCompositePart" simply does not show up in the list of available elements.

Directly changing the XMI definition using a text editor, however, allows me to add MCompositeParts to my model. After doing this, I can see the new elements in the graphical editor. The icon is the same as for MPartSashContainers and MAreas.

What's strange, though, is the fact that the graphical editor does not show me an input field for the contribution URI of the MCompositePart. All other attributes can be set. I tried to set the URI directly in the XMI, but this entry seems to be ignored during runtime. The referenced Java class is never instantiated. The children's contributions work perfectly.

Edit:
I found that the runtime problems are related to the JavaFX renderer, so I'll file a bug in the e(fx)clipse project. The SWT renderer respects the setting of the contribution URI, the field just does not show up in the graphical editor, but that's a tooling problem I can live with.

Thanks,
Uwe

[Updated on: Thu, 25 September 2014 11:29]

Report message to a moderator

Previous Topic:product export fails due to missing renderer
Next Topic:re-creating a closed Part
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 01:50:41 GMT 2024