Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » Lua Development Tools » Custom Execution Environment Autocompletion
Custom Execution Environment Autocompletion [message #1430025] Wed, 24 September 2014 01:29 Go to next message
Evan Beisheim is currently offline Evan BeisheimFriend
I have a module 'gre' that has functions associated to it that I want to make global in my environment so that I can get auto completion on it. I've read the wiki pages on how to create EE's and how to format .doclua files and I've tried to model mine after the functional ones found on the wiki, but I can't seem to get the auto completion working. I don't quite understand how global.doclua relates to the other doclua files in the examples.
I've attached my EE. Thanks for any comments.
Re: Custom Execution Environment Autocompletion [message #1430550 is a reply to message #1430025] Wed, 24 September 2014 13:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Marc Aubry is currently offline Marc AubryFriend
Same problem as your previous post, your api.zip archive have a root folder called api. While instead you should have direcly your global.lua file at the root level.

Another comment, in your global.doclua you should remove empty lines inside comment blocks. A block start with 3 hyphens "---" and are terminated by an empty line. A lua doc block declare one module or one field or one function, etc.

So your field declaration block must look like that (where \n are line return):

------------------------------------------------------------------------------\n
-- Short Desc.\n
-- Long Desc @{gre}.\n
-- @field[parent = #global] gre#gre gre preloaded module\n
\n

The same for module declaration.
Re: Custom Execution Environment Autocompletion [message #1430589 is a reply to message #1430550] Wed, 24 September 2014 14:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thanks, I realized that this morning as well.
So now I can call local gre = require("gre") and get appropriate autocompletion on the variable gre, but I want to be able to skip this step. I want the field gre that I define in global.doclua to be readily available from anywhere. I thought this was the purpose of global.doclua, but I'm not seeing the field when I hit control-space to see all available autocompletions. There are functional examples of this on the wiki, but I don't see what I'm doing differently.
Re: Custom Execution Environment Autocompletion [message #1430625 is a reply to message #1430589] Wed, 24 September 2014 15:26 Go to previous message
I forgot to add 'return nil' to the end of global.doclua, that seems to have done the trick
Previous Topic:Problem Creating a Custom Lua Execution Environment
Next Topic:Programmatically Installing Execution Environments, Adding them to Project Build Paths
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Mar 19 03:40:17 GMT 2024