Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » EGit / JGit » Looking for a way to auto-fetch or auto-synchronize all repositories used in workspace upon opening
Looking for a way to auto-fetch or auto-synchronize all repositories used in workspace upon opening [message #1429934] Tue, 23 September 2014 23:04 Go to next message
Lukasz T. is currently offline Lukasz T.Friend
I'm looking, out of convienience, for a way to be notified automaticaly upon opening eclipse workspace with some source controled projects about changes that were made, if any.

The way I visualize it is:
1) I open Eclipse selecting workspace A
2) During boot-up work in eclipse for workspace A, it would find all repositories which have projects imported to this workspace A
3) The fetching/synchronizing work will be launched.
4) Upon finishing synching/fetching one of the Repo's, it will visualize the state of the project by the up/down arrows that are typical for displaying how far is the current branch from the remote.

Is there any option/3rd party plugin that can achieve what I described above, or something as close to that as possible?

Currently, I have to manualy either fetch all projects under source control when I open Eclipse (with some particular workspace) or use Team->Synchronize workspace option. But:
a) It is not convienient if I have to do it every day, and with every workspace I open.
b) The projects that are in some of the workspaces are not all under source control, so I can't just select all projects and hit Team->Synchronize. I have to select only projects that are under version control.
Re: Looking for a way to auto-fetch or auto-synchronize all repositories used in workspace upon open [message #1434532 is a reply to message #1429934] Tue, 30 September 2014 07:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Anybody?
Re: Looking for a way to auto-fetch or auto-synchronize all repositories used in workspace upon open [message #1437138 is a reply to message #1434532] Fri, 03 October 2014 23:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Matthias Sohn is currently offline Matthias SohnFriend
AFAIK such a feature doesn't exist
Re: Looking for a way to auto-fetch or auto-synchronize all repositories used in workspace upon open [message #1449695 is a reply to message #1437138] Tue, 21 October 2014 18:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thanks for the straight answer. Not good news, but better to have the bad news answer, than to have none.
Re: Looking for a way to auto-fetch or auto-synchronize all repositories used in workspace upon open [message #1455943 is a reply to message #1449695] Wed, 29 October 2014 22:54 Go to previous message
Matthias Sohn is currently offline Matthias SohnFriend
Feel free to file a feature request in Bugzilla https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/enter_bug.cgi?product=EGit&component=UI
implementing auto-fetch shouldn't be hard
Previous Topic:First changed file missing from commit window
Next Topic:BundleWriter.include - Invalid ref name: HEAD
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed Apr 24 23:20:19 GMT 2024