Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Eclipse Scout » Why are the createRow(...) methods not in the ITable interface?
Why are the createRow(...) methods not in the ITable interface? [message #1429385] Tue, 23 September 2014 06:55 Go to next message
Patrick Baenziger is currently offline Patrick BaenzigerFriend
Hi there

I noticed that in the ITable interface, there are plenty of methods to manipulate rows (delete, discard, move, ...).

However, the createRow of AbstractTable methods are not in this interface. I wondered if there is a design reason behind this omission?

Otherwise, I would suggest to add it to the interface - all known implementors of ITable that I can see (AbstractTable or its subclasses) seem to implement this method...

Context:
I noticed this while writing a generic handler that manipulates rows (delete, change, create&add) for arbitrary tables. I almost managed to use a generic parameter <T extends ITable> in the handler, except for the missing createRow methods.
Re: Why are the createRow(...) methods not in the ITable interface? [message #1429408 is a reply to message #1429385] Tue, 23 September 2014 07:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Jeremie Bresson is currently offline Jeremie BressonFriend
Thanks for starting the discussion here.

As far as I am concerned, I do not see why the method is not on the interface. Maybe someone in the dev-team will have another opinion.
Re: Why are the createRow(...) methods not in the ITable interface? [message #1431053 is a reply to message #1429385] Thu, 25 September 2014 06:43 Go to previous message
Patrick Baenziger is currently offline Patrick BaenzigerFriend
I got the feedback from the Scout team that this would be a good enhancement and opened Bug 445304 in Bugzilla.
Previous Topic:Server side mapping of validations coming from a backend
Next Topic:Customize Wizard Theming
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 05:34:34 GMT 2024