Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » BPMN 2.0 Modeler » Multiple target runtimes per project
Multiple target runtimes per project [message #1428944] Mon, 22 September 2014 15:22 Go to next message
Stefan Henke is currently offline Stefan HenkeFriend
Hi,
I´m facing the situation that I need to deal with two bpmn2 files (with different file extensions) that have different target runtimes with in the same project. They are also handled by two different editor implementations.

As the target runtime is a project wide configuration, this makes several validations in the bpmn2 modeler fail as for example both runtimes understand different expression and type languages.

Is there a way to make sure that a certain file extension is always validated against a certain target runtime?
Best regards,
Stefan
Re: Multiple target runtimes per project [message #1428978 is a reply to message #1428944] Mon, 22 September 2014 16:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Robert Brodt is currently offline Robert BrodtFriend

Yes you can. You just need to change your IBpmn2RuntimeExtension#isContentForRuntime(IEditorInput) to look at the file extension instead of the contents - you should be able to get that from the IEditorInput.
Re: Multiple target runtimes per project [message #1429015 is a reply to message #1428944] Mon, 22 September 2014 17:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Sounds good. I will give it a try.
Can you give me a bit more insight on what will happen if there is a project configuration and an implementation of "isContentForRuntime" which are both would fit for the file. What will be stronger?
regards,
Stefan
Re: Multiple target runtimes per project [message #1429076 is a reply to message #1429015] Mon, 22 September 2014 19:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message

There's no guaranteed order in which the Target Runtime extensions will be tested (sorry) - the first one that responds with "Yes, I can handle this file" wins. The default Target Runtime (in org.eclipse.bpmn2.modeler.core) is tested last. You'll just have to make sure that ALL of the extensions you provide, cooperate with each other.
Re: Multiple target runtimes per project [message #1429516 is a reply to message #1428944] Tue, 23 September 2014 10:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I was trying this. However, I figured out that the BPMN2ProjectValidator seems to ignore this. I still get an exception during validation. Looking into the code base, I saw that the getTargetRuntime() method of the class queries the target runtime of the project and thus calls to the wrong Bpmn2ModelerResourceFactoryImpl.
Any clue?
Re: Multiple target runtimes per project [message #1429605 is a reply to message #1429516] Tue, 23 September 2014 13:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Hmm, yes, well...the validation classes still need some work. Can you please update this bugzilla for this use case?
Thanks,
Bob
Re: Multiple target runtimes per project [message #1430464 is a reply to message #1429605] Wed, 24 September 2014 12:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Done.
Do you have an idea when this might be tackled?
Regards,
Stefan
Re: Multiple target runtimes per project [message #1430521 is a reply to message #1430464] Wed, 24 September 2014 13:15 Go to previous message

Thanks.
Well, that depends...how critical is this for your work? Currently I'm the only developer on this project and could use some help <hint, hint> so if you're willing to lend a hand...?
Bob
Previous Topic:MessageFlow in BPMN 2.0 Modeler
Next Topic:save options
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 23:53:20 GMT 2024