Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Eclipse 4 » Handlers for default eclipse commands with the compatibility layer
Handlers for default eclipse commands with the compatibility layer [message #1428739] Mon, 22 September 2014 09:03 Go to next message
Samuel Leisering is currently offline Samuel LeiseringFriend
Hi there
I unsuccessfully tried to add Command Handlers to the default eclipse commands like cut/copy/delete in my e4 RCP application with the compatibility layer. I already described my problem a little bit deeper here.
Any help is much appreciated.
Re: Handlers for default eclipse commands with the compatibility layer [message #1463945 is a reply to message #1428739] Fri, 07 November 2014 03:16 Go to previous message
Gary Bradshaw is currently offline Gary BradshawFriend
Hi Samuel,

I'm not sure how much this may help with your RCP application, but it sounds very similar to something I saw with an EditorPart I'm working on.

When I was having trouble with my 3.x plugin running under 4.x, I tried converting my deprecated editorActions extension into menu commands. It didn't solve my problem, and it gave me a new problem with exceptions when the workbench tried to dispose my toolbar entries, so I went back to editorActions.

But I do remember noticing that my overridden workbench commands didn't work unless I supplied something for the IEditorActionBarContributor class on my org.eclipse.editors extension point. I used a pared-down version of my contributor class that I was using with editorActions, but it looked like I could have just used org.eclipse.ui.part.EditorActionBarContributor.
Previous Topic:HandledMenuItem / HandledToolItem from fragment always disabled
Next Topic:Unable to launch sample E4 application
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 23:33:38 GMT 2024