Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Remote Application Platform (RAP) » RAP 3.0 + BIRT 4.4 Tomcat WAR deployment
RAP 3.0 + BIRT 4.4 Tomcat WAR deployment [message #1427418] Sat, 20 September 2014 06:05
Lawrence G is currently offline Lawrence GFriend
I'm stymied on this one, and I know that deployment issues are the most frequently struggled with, but I haven't been able to locate anything in extensive searching. We're trying to upgrade a stale system built with RAP Target 1.4 with BIRT 3.7, running under Equinox, to a deployable WAR that can run under Tomcat. I added warproducts and created and deployed correctly using the existing libraries; everything worked as described. Next, I undertook to bring all code up to use new APIs, removed deprecated code, etc., and reestablished all of my dependencies with up-to-date libraries. The app runs fine through Eclipse launcher. However, this time, when I create my war and deploy, I get an error, no matter what I do. I should mention that I've assured myself that com.ibm.icu_52.1.0.v201404241930.jar is declared as a dependency, is in the war, does have the class, does export the package, etc.

I should also mention that the same error occurs if I go through the very simple procedure of creating a new project using the "Mail Demo" wizard, creating a warproduct on top of it, and deploying. This process always quickly created a working deployable WAR app under the same Tomcat version (8.0.12) before. I'm trying to get to a Tycho build eventually that can assemble and deploy, but I need to get to a deployable WAR first. Oh, and looking the OSGi console, com.ibm.icu properly shows its status as "ACTIVE."

The error is below--any ideas/help?

Hopefully--Lawrence

========================================================================
javax.servlet.ServletException: Servlet execution threw an exception
	org.apache.tomcat.websocket.server.WsFilter.doFilter(WsFilter.java:52)
root cause

java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: com/ibm/icu/util/ULocale
	org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench$5.run(Workbench.java:686)
	org.eclipse.core.databinding.observable.Realm.runWithDefault(Realm.java:332)
	org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.createAndRunWorkbench(Workbench.java:684)
	org.eclipse.ui.PlatformUI.createAndRunWorkbench(PlatformUI.java:157)
	com.helio.boomer.rap.Application.start(Application.java:66)
	org.eclipse.rap.ui.internal.application.EntryPointApplicationWrapper.createUI(EntryPointApplicationWrapper.java:38)
	org.eclipse.rap.rwt.internal.lifecycle.RWTLifeCycle.createUI(RWTLifeCycle.java:171)
	org.eclipse.rap.rwt.internal.lifecycle.RWTLifeCycle$UIThreadController.run(RWTLifeCycle.java:283)
	java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:745)
	org.eclipse.rap.rwt.internal.lifecycle.UIThread.run(UIThread.java:104)
root cause

java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: com.ibm.icu.util.ULocale cannot be found by org.eclipse.rap.ui.workbench_3.0.0.20140618-1254
	org.eclipse.osgi.internal.loader.BundleLoader.findClassInternal(BundleLoader.java:373)
	org.eclipse.osgi.internal.loader.BundleLoader.findClass(BundleLoader.java:336)
	org.eclipse.osgi.internal.loader.BundleLoader.findClass(BundleLoader.java:328)
	org.eclipse.osgi.internal.loader.ModuleClassLoader.loadClass(ModuleClassLoader.java:160)
	java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:358)
	org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench$5.run(Workbench.java:686)
	org.eclipse.core.databinding.observable.Realm.runWithDefault(Realm.java:332)
	org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.createAndRunWorkbench(Workbench.java:684)
	org.eclipse.ui.PlatformUI.createAndRunWorkbench(PlatformUI.java:157)
	com.helio.boomer.rap.Application.start(Application.java:66)
	org.eclipse.rap.ui.internal.application.EntryPointApplicationWrapper.createUI(EntryPointApplicationWrapper.java:38)
	org.eclipse.rap.rwt.internal.lifecycle.RWTLifeCycle.createUI(RWTLifeCycle.java:171)
	org.eclipse.rap.rwt.internal.lifecycle.RWTLifeCycle$UIThreadController.run(RWTLifeCycle.java:283)
	java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:745)
	org.eclipse.rap.rwt.internal.lifecycle.UIThread.run(UIThread.java:104)

========================================================================
Previous Topic:Custom widget for fusioncharts
Next Topic:No images after emptying a tableviewer
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 05:37:43 GMT 2024