Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Newcomers » Newcomers » How can I force the context specific keymap to be rebuilt?
How can I force the context specific keymap to be rebuilt? [message #1427177] Fri, 19 September 2014 20:50 Go to next message
David M. Karr is currently offline David M. KarrFriend
I've gotten into a situation where Eclipse has "phantom" key bindings that won't go away. I had set a couple of bindings for functions in the "Emacs+" plugin, but then I later decided to do it differently, and I removed those bindings. Everything in the "Keys" table is now consistent, but when I go back to my editor view and press the first or second key of the sequence, the help popup comes up and shows me the bindings that begin with that prefix. It lists the two bindings that don't exist anymore. I removed them, but Eclipse is still using them.

Just to be clear, while in the "Keys" table, I can sort by bindings and verify that only the bindings I expect are set. I can also sort by Command Name and verify that the commands I'm trying to bind are bound, to the keys I expect.

Update:

Note that I filed a ticket for this issue at: https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=444656

There's no resolution yet, but we found a clue in the "workbench.xmi" file, which shows the phantom bindings.

[Updated on: Wed, 24 September 2014 19:02]

Report message to a moderator

Re: How can I force the context specific keymap to be rebuilt? [message #1432074 is a reply to message #1427177] Fri, 26 September 2014 15:16 Go to previous message
David M. Karr is currently offline David M. KarrFriend
I was able to hack a fix for this by simply removing the two phantom "bindings" elements from this file (while Eclipse was down) and restarting Eclipse. I'm hoping someone will follow through with the bug report and figure out how this might have happened, but at least my bindings are fixed for now.
Previous Topic:Eclipse Luna SR1 is here!
Next Topic:Extra mouse click required to switch focus in Luna
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Apr 16 10:34:11 GMT 2024