Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Requirements Modeling Framework  » Delete a requirement?
Delete a requirement? [message #1426274] Thu, 18 September 2014 13:54 Go to next message
Bloody Albatros is currently offline Bloody AlbatrosFriend
Hello *,

After some discussions (decision which requirement tool should be chosen) one question remained open.

Should it be possible to delete a requirement easily? As far as I have noticed, it is quite simple to remove a requirement in ProR. Either by delete or by going back ...

So I would forward this question to this community Razz

Our point of view so far is, that a requirement may be set to obsolete, but never may be deleted without any trace.

thx in advance
Re: Delete a requirement? [message #1426755 is a reply to message #1426274] Fri, 19 September 2014 07:08 Go to previous message
Michael Jastram is currently offline Michael JastramFriend
Hello Gerrit,

> Should it be possible to delete a requirement easily? As far as I have noticed, it is quite simple to remove a requirement in ProR. Either by delete or by going back ...

Going back is a real "undo" - this does not leave any trace. But I'd argue that this is the point of an undo.

When a requirement (SpecObject) is deleted from a Specification, it is retained. SpecObjects in Specifications are references, they are not contained. Therefore, the "deleted" requirement can still be accessed from the "SpecObjects" folder in the outline. If a SpecObject is deleted from the SpecObjects folder, it is gone for good.

There is no history built into the tool. However, by using a repository, the evolution of the model over time is available there. As ProR ships with EMF Compare, a model comparison is possible with past models. So even if a SpecObject is deleted from the SpecObjects folder, the trace is kept through the repository's history.

Hope this helps.

Best,

- Michael
Previous Topic:does it exist a complete chain for requirements managament, uml, development and tests
Next Topic:How to import RIF or export to RIF
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Apr 16 04:55:01 GMT 2024