Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Newcomers » Newcomers » Need a debugger (IDE with debugger )
Need a debugger [message #1424917] Tue, 16 September 2014 15:49 Go to next message
Anne Creek is currently offline Anne CreekFriend
Completed my Arduino Uno project and spent about 80% of my time kluging around Arduino IDE lack of debugging tool.
Can I count on Eclipse to have areal debugger?
Vaclav
Re: Need a debugger [message #1424968 is a reply to message #1424917] Tue, 16 September 2014 17:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Nitin Dahyabhai is currently offline Nitin DahyabhaiFriend

Arduino Tools are not provided by eclipse.org . You'll find more information about available tools at http://playground.arduino.cc/Main/DevelopmentTools .

_
Nitin Dahyabhai
Eclipse Web Tools Platform
Re: Need a debugger [message #1425059 is a reply to message #1424968] Tue, 16 September 2014 20:19 Go to previous message
Anne Creek is currently offline Anne CreekFriend
Thanks for the reference. It makes me feel foolish not to find it myself since I am at the site often.
So is this correct - Arduino IDE "mother ship" is Processing , Eclipse is "advertised" on Arduino web site but not really related to either Arduino or Processing.
Processing seem to be most "up to date" and backed by many sample applications, however, it knows nothing about ino file format.
At this point I was going to clean-up my code, but now I see no point to do this since I am not going to publish it.
I am gong to improve my "Arduino kluge" debugging methods. Been looking onto parametrized macros. Eventually Arduino IDE has to go, since they seems to be complacent with its current abilities. After all, one does not need a debugger to "blink LED". Arduino fathers are not very ambitious IMHO.
Thanks Vaclav

[Updated on: Tue, 16 September 2014 20:20]

Report message to a moderator

Previous Topic:Server Tab missing in Eclipse JUNO
Next Topic:Can you simplify the method to set up jdk for eclipse in linux environment
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 00:44:59 GMT 2024