Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Eclipse Scout » No application id has been found(Kepler Version)
icon3.gif  No application id has been found [message #1424867] Tue, 16 September 2014 14:30 Go to next message
marco giudici is currently offline marco giudiciFriend
Hi all,
I migrate my project from Scout in Eclipse Juno to Scout in Eclipse Kepler and when I start my application locally: the server side starts without any error instead SWT side return to me the following error:

!ENTRY org.eclipse.osgi 4 0 2014-09-16 16:25:02.178
!MESSAGE Application error
!STACK 1
java.lang.RuntimeException: No application id has been found.
	at org.eclipse.equinox.internal.app.EclipseAppContainer.startDefaultApp(EclipseAppContainer.java:242)
	at org.eclipse.equinox.internal.app.MainApplicationLauncher.run(MainApplicationLauncher.java:29)
	at org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseAppLauncher.runApplication(EclipseAppLauncher.java:110)
	at org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseAppLauncher.start(EclipseAppLauncher.java:79)
	at org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(EclipseStarter.java:354)
	at org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(EclipseStarter.java:181)
	at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
	at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
	at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
	at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Unknown Source)
	at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.invokeFramework(Main.java:636)
	at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.basicRun(Main.java:591)
	at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.run(Main.java:1450)
	at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.main(Main.java:1426)
An error has occurred. See the log file

Someone could give me an idea on how to solve this problem?

Thanks in advance for any explanation and help
Re: No application id has been found [message #1424902 is a reply to message #1424867] Tue, 16 September 2014 15:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Bertin Kiekebosch is currently offline Bertin KiekeboschFriend
Hi,

you migrated, are you sure that all the dependencies in your project and the target definition are correct. There are four places to look at. The plug-in definition, the product file, the run configurations and the target definition.

In your message it says: An error has occurred. See the log file, is there any info about missing dependencies or things like that?

regards Bertin

Re: No application id has been found [message #1424903 is a reply to message #1424867] Tue, 16 September 2014 15:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Jeremie Bresson is currently offline Jeremie BressonFriend
Can you validate your SWT product?

The stacktrace you provided doesn't really help. Can you provide the log file? (I am not sure where it is. Maybe it is just printed in the console after the Stacktrace)

Related forum post:
SWT application delpoy problem
Re: No application id has been found [message #1424908 is a reply to message #1424903] Tue, 16 September 2014 15:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
marco giudici is currently offline marco giudiciFriend
Hi Jeremie and Bertin,
thanks for your reply and I found the answer in the forum post suggested by Jeremie.

Now I fixed the issue and now the application start, tomorrow checks if everythings works fine in the application

Thanks again for your help and your time
Re: No application id has been found [message #1775430 is a reply to message #1424908] Mon, 30 October 2017 08:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Vikas Verma is currently offline Vikas VermaFriend

While trying to create a Plugin using in Eclipse neon , getting following error .Please Help! !ENTRY org.eclipse.wst.jsdt.core 2 0 2017-10-30 13:55:48.610
!MESSAGE Could not resolve module: org.eclipse.wst.jsdt.core [844]
Unresolved requirement: Import-Package: org.eclipse.wst.jsdt.nashorn.extension.loader
-> Export-Package: org.eclipse.wst.jsdt.nashorn.extension.loader; bundle-version="1.0.2.v201610280128"; bundle-symbolic-name="org.eclipse.wst.jsdt.nashorn.extension"; version="0.0.0"
org.eclipse.wst.jsdt.nashorn.extension [2]
Unresolved requirement: Require-Capability: osgi.ee; filter:="(&(osgi.ee=JavaSE)(version=1.8))"
Unresolved requirement: Fragment-Host: org.eclipse.osgi; bundle-version="3.10.0"

!ENTRY org.eclipse.osgi 4 0 2017-10-30 13:55:48.629
!MESSAGE Application error
!STACK 1
java.lang.RuntimeException: Application "org.eclipse.ui.ide.workbench" could not be found in the registry. The applications available are: org.eclipse.ant.core.antRunner, org.eclipse.equinox.app.error, org.eclipse.equinox.p2.director, org.eclipse.equinox.p2.garbagecollector.application, org.eclipse.equinox.p2.publisher.InstallPublisher, org.eclipse.equinox.p2.publisher.EclipseGenerator, org.eclipse.equinox.p2.publisher.ProductPublisher, org.eclipse.equinox.p2.publisher.FeaturesAndBundlesPublisher, org.eclipse.equinox.p2.reconciler.application, org.eclipse.equinox.p2.repository.repo2runnable, org.eclipse.equinox.p2.repository.metadataverifier, org.eclipse.equinox.p2.artifact.repository.mirrorApplication, org.eclipse.equinox.p2.metadata.repository.mirrorApplication, org.eclipse.equinox.p2.touchpoint.natives.nativePackageExtractor, org.eclipse.equinox.p2.updatesite.UpdateSitePublisher, org.eclipse.equinox.p2.publisher.UpdateSitePublisher, org.eclipse.equinox.p2.publisher.CategoryPublisher, org.eclipse.pde.build.Build.
at org.eclipse.equinox.internal.app.EclipseAppContainer.startDefaultApp(EclipseAppContainer.java:248)
at org.eclipse.equinox.internal.app.MainApplicationLauncher.run(MainApplicationLauncher.java:29)
at org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseAppLauncher.runApplication(EclipseAppLauncher.java:134)
at org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseAppLauncher.start(EclipseAppLauncher.java:104)
at org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(EclipseStarter.java:388)
at org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(EclipseStarter.java:243)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:57)
at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)
at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:606)
at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.invokeFramework(Main.java:673)
at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.basicRun(Main.java:610)
at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.run(Main.java:1519)
at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.main(Main.java:1492)
Re: No application id has been found [message #1775445 is a reply to message #1775430] Mon, 30 October 2017 09:20 Go to previous message
Matthias Zimmermann is currently offline Matthias ZimmermannFriend
hi

TX for your message. please be aware that this is the Eclipse Scout forum.

As no reference to Scout can be found in your text and the attached log file I suspect that your question does not relate to the Scout framework but to some other Eclipse runtime technology.

Please write more about your context and what you are trying to achieve. This will help us to point you to the right forum.

Best regards
Matthias
Previous Topic:Eclipse Scout
Next Topic:Documentation Clarification - Server & User Interface
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 13:21:01 GMT 2024