Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » EPF » Process Composition
Process Composition [message #1424519] Tue, 16 September 2014 04:13 Go to next message
Peter Kelley is currently offline Peter KelleyFriend
I am currently experimenting with converting a large content library over to EPF (by doing a lot of cutting and pasting) which seems to be a good fit so far except in one area: Processes of processes.

I have a process hierarchy where there is a task that is part of a process which is part of another process. There is content at each level describing the process or task. What is the best way to get this represented in a published configuration?

I have tried representing the top two levels as processes and the leaf level as a task by dragging the child process onto the work breakdown structure of the parent however when I publish the parent process WBS is empty and I'm not sure why.

Peter Kelley
Re: Process Composition [message #1425115 is a reply to message #1424519] Tue, 16 September 2014 22:17 Go to previous message
Bruce MacIsaac is currently offline Bruce MacIsaacFriend
Not sure I know exactly what you are trying to do, but one of the things processes do very well is reuse.

A few recommendations:
1. When you create your library, make sure it is "autosynchronized".
(Check preferences on the process editor).

2. when you create delivery processes or capability patterns, NEVER assign a configuration (I call these "configuration free").

3. If you plan to reuse a process within a process, the "reused process" should be a "capability pattern". These are intended to be reused.
You can drag and drop these into another process.

4. If your capability pattern is in a different plug-in than the process that uses it, you need to include that plug-in in the configuration that publishes the parent.

Hope that helps.
Previous Topic:Published Navigation Views
Next Topic:Work Breakdown Structure Broken in Chrome?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 06:47:26 GMT 2024