Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Eclipse Scout » LookupService not working in swt-client.product(Error when using lookupservices on smart fields or columns that have developed lately)
LookupService not working in swt-client.product [message #1422400] Fri, 12 September 2014 20:08 Go to next message
Missing name Mising name is currently offline Missing name Mising nameFriend
Hi all supporters of this great project,

I have a problem with my production swt-client. I´m not sure of posting it as bug since it´s my second small project in scout:
Windows 7
Scout 4.0.0
Eclipse luna

First error:
I first created a table and a form with some smart columns and fields which are engaged to 3 LookupServices created in the shared project. It all worked fine, with all clients loading the database info in their smart columns and fields.

Then I created another table with another form that needed 2 more LookupServices for its smart columns and fields. Everything is fine in the development products, but the production swt-client gives me this error:

The original message is:
error creating instance of class 'gecode.shared.EstadoRmLookupCall'.
service gecode.shared.IEstadoRmLookupService is either not registered in the clientProxy extension in the plugin.xml or
this constructor is called outside the model thread (IllegalArgumentException)

All the Java References to this LookupService are similar to the 3 working LookupServices, and it´s registered as proxy at client:

<proxy
            factory="org.eclipse.scout.rt.client.services.ClientProxyServiceFactory"
            class="gecode.shared.IEstadoRmLookupService">
      </proxy>

The second error: in this second form I have a table which opens a third form. Its service is received as null in the production client, while the development ones is working properly.

¿Is there some kind of special configuration further than its default to take care of ?
And my last question: ¿is scout 4.0.0 mature enough for business applications?

Thanks in advance.
Sincerely, really nice work.
Re: LookupService not working in swt-client.product [message #1423403 is a reply to message #1422400] Sun, 14 September 2014 10:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Jeremie Bresson is currently offline Jeremie BressonFriend
Missing name Mising name wrote on Fri, 12 September 2014 22:08
Is scout 4.0.0 mature enough for business applications?

Yes, I know several application in production with scout 4.0.0.

---
For your problem:

Which Eclipse Runtime are you using with Scout 4.0.0? Eclipse 4.4.0 or Eclipse 3.8.2?

I can not really explain why the behavior is different between development and production.
* Do you see some wired stacktrace in the console output of your production-client application?
* Can you compare the product files and the config.ini files between prod and dev.

I think to understand what is going on, we will need more information (stacktraces, console output ...) or even better a small hello-world application reproducing the problem.
Re: LookupService not working in swt-client.product [message #1423623 is a reply to message #1422400] Sun, 14 September 2014 19:38 Go to previous message
Missing name Mising name is currently offline Missing name Mising nameFriend
Hi Jeremie,

Thanks for your reply. I´m using Scout 4.0.0 en Eclipse 4.4.0.
Both of my problems where fixed when starting to change between CVS branches, and linking and unlinking libraries.

No logs in production, don´t know how to configure scout logs in tomcat yet.

Thanks again¡¡¡
Previous Topic:Deploy on Ubuntu 12.04
Next Topic:"Flicker/blink" on mouse move with Firefox>=28 (RAP GUI)
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 01:22:23 GMT 2024