Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » BIRT » Possible for table creation in XLS exported report?(Need a (excel) table in a spreadsheet)
Possible for table creation in XLS exported report? [message #1422329] Fri, 12 September 2014 17:41 Go to next message
Michael Snowden is currently offline Michael SnowdenFriend
I'm currently using BIRT v4.3.1.

I'm wondering if it's possible for BIRT to create a (excel) table in a spreadsheet for a given report when it's exported in XLS format.

If so, how do you do it?

If my question seems confusing please let me know and I'll try to clarify.
Re: Possible for table creation in XLS exported report? [message #1434175 is a reply to message #1422329] Mon, 29 September 2014 19:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Michael Williams is currently offline Michael WilliamsFriend

With BIRT iHub, the Excel emitters have live pivot tables for crosstabs. The regular tables just export as data and not an Excel table. This could be added in the future. These features are available in the freemium version of iHub (BIRT iHub F-Type) as well.

For the open source viewer, you'd need to write your own emitter or modify the existing Excel emitter to get functionality like this. I don't think there are currently any community built emitters with anything like this.

Michael

Developer Evangelist, Silanis
Re: Possible for table creation in XLS exported report? [message #1434200 is a reply to message #1422329] Mon, 29 September 2014 20:15 Go to previous message
Michael Snowden is currently offline Michael SnowdenFriend
Thanks for getting back to me on this Mr. Williams. After a few days I thought that my question was dead.

I'll check out the freemium version of iHub and see if I can get it to do it. But dealing with things like file formats and writing/modifying something like an emitter is a bit over my head. Crying or Very Sad Maybe one day.
Previous Topic:Excel Files as Data Source
Next Topic:getComputedStyle returns incorrect padding values of cell
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 09:08:27 GMT 2024