Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Eclipse Platform » Replacement for Action Set Part Association ?
Replacement for Action Set Part Association ? [message #1421625] Thu, 11 September 2014 16:39 Go to next message
Bruno Medeiros is currently offline Bruno MedeirosFriend
So I have an extension using actionSetPartAssociations to make a third-party action set (Eclipse text actions in this case) be visible in my editor:

<extension point="org.eclipse.ui.actionSetPartAssociations">
      <actionSetPartAssociation targetID="org.eclipse.ui.edit.text.actionSet.presentation">
         <part id="org.dsource.ddt.ide.ui.editors.DeeEditor"/>
      </actionSetPartAssociation>
   </extension>

This extension point is marked as deprecated though, so what alternative is there to do the above? Note that the referred actionset is from a third party, so I can't modify it - I can't change it to commands nor add visibility/enableWhen elements. So is there even a replacement for this? Or is the UI use-case itself something that is not supported/recommended anymore?
Re: Replacement for Action Set Part Association ? [message #1817713 is a reply to message #1421625] Thu, 28 November 2019 07:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Tamas Miklossy is currently offline Tamas MiklossyFriend
I have also encountered this problem recently: The Xtend IDE is configured to offer the org.eclipse.jdt.ui.JavaActionSet if an Xtend editor is opened.

Currently, it is configured via the
org.eclipse.ui.actionSetPartAssociations
extension point, that is deprecated.

See also https://github.com/eclipse/xtext-xtend/issues/543

The question is how to use the
org.eclipse.ui.commands
extension point in this case?
Re: Replacement for Action Set Part Association ? [message #1817869 is a reply to message #1817713] Mon, 02 December 2019 04:44 Go to previous message
Ed Merks is currently offline Ed MerksFriend
Lots of action stuff is deprecated but a great many things still use it; I'm really not sure what you should use instead that isn't deprecated. Perhaps no one knows or know one how does know is looking at the forum to provide a helpful answer. :-(

Ed Merks
Professional Support: https://www.macromodeling.com/
Previous Topic:Resource filter doesn't activate for archive projects
Next Topic:copy-paste now quotes the copied text . How to stop that?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 05:37:44 GMT 2024