Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » QVT-Relations » Running QVTr transformations(Running QVTr transformations)
Running QVTr transformations [message #1421534] Thu, 11 September 2014 13:50 Go to next message
Siegfried Nolte is currently offline Siegfried NolteFriend
Hi QVTr folks,

I did my first step with a QVTr project of writing a really simple QVTr transformation. I managed editing and parsing so far. Well, it is really simple. But I don't know, how to run the transformation. I found something like "QVTi transformation run", but no "QVTr transformation run".

By the way, I am working with Luna.

Any help would be welcome.

Thanks and best regards,
Siegfried

Re: Running QVTr transformations [message #1696902 is a reply to message #1421534] Fri, 29 May 2015 10:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Horacio Hoyos is currently offline Horacio HoyosFriend

Hi,

Sorry for the super late reply. Currently Eclipse's QVT declarative project is in the development phase towards providing an execution engine for QVTr and QVTc. Our plan targetd QVTc support first and thus is the one for which most functionality has been developed. We have started working on QVTr, but it is still very preliminary work. If you are not bound to QVTr and would like to try QVTc, perhaps we can help you setting up a small java class that can run your transformation. A good palce to start would be to look at the QVTc tests under the plugin org.eclipse.qvtd.build.etl.tests (in the QVT git repository).

Horacio Hoyos Rodriguez
Kinori Tech
Need professional support for Epsilon, EMF?
Go to: https://kinori.tech
Re: Running QVTr transformations [message #1819443 is a reply to message #1696902] Wed, 15 January 2020 13:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi,
some time has gone by, I tried QVTrd again, QVTr as well as QVTc. Both failed.
I work with Eclipse 2019 Modeling Workbench and QVTd 0.20.0.
I imported the examples uml2rdbms (QVTc) and hstm2fstm (QVTr).

Both failed, the interpreted as well as the compiled version:

QVTc interpreted:
Failed to execute 'platform:/resource/org.eclipse.qvtd.examples.qvtcore.uml2rdbms/model/temp/SimpleUML2RDBMS.qvtias' - see console for more details.
Resource '/org.eclipse.qvtd.examples.qvtcore.uml2rdbms/model/in/$primitive$.xmi' does not exist.
Console:
Failed to execute 'platform:/resource/org.eclipse.qvtd.examples.qvtcore.uml2rdbms/model/temp/SimpleUML2RDBMS.qvtias'
org.eclipse.core.internal.resources.ResourceException(/org.eclipse.qvtd.examples.qvtcore.uml2rdbms/model/in/$primitive$.xmi)[368]: java.lang.Exception: Resource '/org.eclipse.qvtd.examples.qvtcore.uml2rdbms/model/in/$primitive$.xmi' does not exist.

QVTr interpreted:
Failed to execute 'platform:/resource/org.eclipse.qvtd.examples.qvtrelation.hstm2fstm/model/temp/HierarchicalStateMachine2FlatStateMachine.qvtias' - see console for more details.
Path must include project and resource name: /org.eclipse.qvtd.examples.qvtrelation.hstm2fstm/
Console:
Failed to execute 'platform:/resource/org.eclipse.qvtd.examples.qvtrelation.hstm2fstm/model/temp/HierarchicalStateMachine2FlatStateMachine.qvtias'
java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Path must include project and resource name: /org.eclipse.qvtd.examples.qvtrelation.hstm2fstm/

Compile resp. Recompile seems to work properly. I see "Ready" Intermediates. Sure, I did something wrong. Any help would be appreciated.

Second, I don't know exactly what "Inputs: $primitive$" means. And what is "New Outputs middle"? The manuals and helps for the QVTc and QVTd run configurations are a bit poor in my eyes.

By the way, QVTr produces the exception, but at least I get a "flat.xmi" result. I have to add, using the interpreted run configuration .

Thanks for help and answers,
Siegfried

[Updated on: Wed, 15 January 2020 13:35]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Running QVTr transformations [message #1819454 is a reply to message #1819443] Wed, 15 January 2020 16:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ed Willink is currently offline Ed WillinkFriend
Hi

$primitive$ seems a bit familiar. Might be fixed in 0.21.0. (Behind the scenes the primitive domain is an instance of the invisible/auto-synthesized %primitive$ TypedModel.)

You are obviously using the examples, so they 'should' work and be what I already have.

However your sequence of interactive commands may differ from my expectations, so please provide a command sequence that demonstrates (at least one) of your disappointments.

Regards

Ed Willink
Re: Running QVTr transformations [message #1819457 is a reply to message #1819454] Wed, 15 January 2020 17:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi Ed,

and thanks very much for your feedback.

I try the examples. Let's start with QVTr. I generated a new project from the QVT Projects "QVTr ....". First of all the MANIFEST shows errors concerning the Export-Packages, all of them.
I delete them all, the entire Export-Packages block.
After that I see a MANIFEST warning "This plug-in does not export all of its packages".
I fix this problem by adding the missing packages (which are exactly those ones I have deleted before).
There is no Manifest error or warning any longer.
Now I try the run configuration "HierarchicalStateMachine2FlatStateMachine (interpreted)".

That results in a problem :
Failed to execute 'platform:/resource/org.eclipse.qvtd.examples.qvtrelation.hstm2fstm/model/temp/HierarchicalStateMachine2FlatStateMachine.qvtias' - see console for more details.
Resource '/org.eclipse.qvtd.examples.qvtrelation.hstm2fstm/model/in/$primitive$.xmi' does not exist.
Resource '/org.eclipse.qvtd.examples.qvtrelation.hstm2fstm/model/in/$primitive$.xmi' does not exist.

I wonder a bit about the run configuration:
Inputs
- $primitve$: model/in/$primitive$.xmi (there is no $primitive$.xmi file within the model/in-folder)
- hier: model/in/hier.xml (that's ok)
New Outputs:
- flat: model/out/flat.xmi (that's what I expect in the model/out/folder)
- middle: model/out/middle.xmi (I don't know anything about this)

Thanks for your help,
Siegfried
Re: Running QVTr transformations [message #1819502 is a reply to message #1819457] Thu, 16 January 2020 12:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi

"This plug-in does not export all of its packages" was an aberration whereby the platform team imposed their personal Java practices on the wider community. It was reverted in 2019-12.

See https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=544977

Still investigating the real issue....

Regards

Ed
Re: Running QVTr transformations [message #1819505 is a reply to message #1819502] Thu, 16 January 2020 12:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi

As I wrote earlier, I think $primitive$ is fixed in 2019-12 (0.21.0). It seems to be.

Using 2019-12, after creating the project the MANIFEST has 9 missing package errors for the packages that are code-generated. It would be tidier if the example had some stub content to suppress the warnings. Better the MANIFEST.MF should not have the exports till after a CG, or better still maybe no export at all now that Bug 544977 is fixed. Anyway an inelegance to sort out.

Both interpreted and compiled configurations run fine for me.

But OOPS, there is a ".models" disagreement in the spelling of the auto-generated packages.

Just delete all the exports and all is fine. Bug 544977 has been a pain. The workaround for Bug 544977 still seems to be a pain.

Regards

Ed Willink
Re: Running QVTr transformations [message #1819518 is a reply to message #1819505] Thu, 16 January 2020 16:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hello Ed,

I tried the Eclipse 2019-12 Release (QVTd 021.0) and I got the examples to work as well. The interpreted configuration runs at once, for the compiled configuration I have to use a JDK instead of the JRE.

So now I am able to test my own mostly simple QVTr samples. Maybe I will come with some further questions.

Thank you again and kind regards,
Siegfried
Re: Running QVTr transformations [message #1819521 is a reply to message #1819518] Thu, 16 January 2020 16:57 Go to previous message
Hi

There should be an intelligent message instructing the use of the JDK.

Since the synthesis of Java code requires the Java to Byte code compiler, I'm not sure how you can avoid a JDK.

Regards

Ed Willink
Previous Topic:Pivot to CS for QVTd transformations
Next Topic:Developing plugins that use qvt-r
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 13:01:38 GMT 2024