Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Sirius » Creating Connectors for a UML Component like diagram
Creating Connectors for a UML Component like diagram [message #1420072] Tue, 09 September 2014 13:13 Go to next message
Who Cares is currently offline Who CaresFriend
Hi,

im developing an Sirius Editor for an DSL which should look very much like UML Component Diagrams.
I have a System which contains Components, both of which can provide and require interfaces. This should be displayed as it is in UML minus the ports.
I looked at the obeo UML designer where this is done by adding a dot style to the provided interface and then connecting this to a bordered node.
This does not work for me, as on the components there are no two different semantic objects I could connect, I only have a provided interface, which I mapped to a bordered node. On the system itself I do have two nodes but if I try to remove the style of the bordered node it still displays the old one. Also Im wondering how I could fix both elements together so that it always looks like a UML connector.

The easiest solution I thought of was to somehow get an image of the UML connectors to be displayed on the outside of the border, but I dont know how to do this and also the rotation of the image would need to be changed depending on the side of the system/component the connector comes out of.

I attached an image which should help understand what I mean:
index.php/fa/19087/0/

Thanks in advance
  • Attachment: sirius.png
    (Size: 10.66KB, Downloaded 727 times)
Re: Creating Connectors for a UML Component like diagram [message #1421514 is a reply to message #1420072] Thu, 11 September 2014 13:12 Go to previous message
Steve Monnier is currently offline Steve MonnierFriend
Hello,

You can find a sample to display rotatable node in UML Designer. Import
the plugin org.obeonetwork.gmf.runtime.diagram.ui.extension. You will
find usefull information/example in RotatableNodeEditPart and the whole
package org.obeonetwork.gmf.runtime.diagram.ui.extension.rotatable.

Regards,
Steve

Le 09/09/2014 15:13, Who Cares a écrit :
> Hi,
>
> im developing an Sirius Editor for an DSL which should look very much like UML Component Diagrams.
> I have a System which contains Components, both of which can provide and require interfaces. This should be displayed as it is in UML minus the ports.
> I looked at the obeo UML designer where this is done by adding a dot style to the provided interface and then connecting this to a bordered node.
> This does not work for me, as on the components there are no two different semantic objects I could connect, I only have a provided interface, which I mapped to a bordered node. On the system itself I do have two nodes but if I try to remove the style of the bordered node it still displays the old one. Also Im wondering how I could fix both elements together so that it always looks like a UML connector.
>
> The easiest solution I thought of was to somehow get an image of the UML connectors to be displayed on the outside of the border, but I dont know how to do this and also the rotation of the image would need to be changed depending on the side of the system/component the connector comes out of.
>
> I attached an image which should help understand what I mean:
>
>
> Thanks in advance
>

--
Steve Monnier - Obeo

Need professional services for Sirius?
http://www.obeodesigner.com/sirius

Steve Monnier - Obeo Canada
Need training or professional services for Sirius?
http://www.obeodesigner.com/sirius
Previous Topic:Sirius 1.0.1 Prevents Creation of New Ecore Modelling Projects
Next Topic:display of Diagram item
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Apr 23 09:33:08 GMT 2024