Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » Papyrus » Experiences with Diagram generation?(Diagram Generation Template does not work (as expected).)
Experiences with Diagram generation? [message #1420040] Tue, 09 September 2014 12:22 Go to next message
Philipp Bohn is currently offline Philipp BohnFriend
Hi,

looking for a way to create a diagram for a uml model I found the Papyrus additional component "Diagram generation". I am trying to build a template which produces a diagram for each activity in a uml model with all its containing sub-elements (e.g. opaque actions, initial node, activity final node, edges, in/outpins, ...).
I followed the given tutorial for the generator, but unfortunately it seems I cannot create more than an activity or an activity plus parameter nodes. So I am missing e. g. all the expected actions, nodes, edges, and pins inside of the activity in the diagram.

Because the workflow seems pretty straight forward after reading the tutorial I am wondering, if this is still a user problem or if the Diagram generation is outdated for the current Eclipse Luna + Papyrus?

Maybe there is someone more experienced with this tool, who could give me a hint?

Kind regards,
Philipp
Re: Experiences with Diagram generation? [message #1420907 is a reply to message #1420040] Wed, 10 September 2014 17:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Philipp Bohn is currently offline Philipp BohnFriend
Hi,

I found another way of generating a diagram, which leads to almost the same result: Using the "Model Explorer" in the Papyrus Perspective and choosing to create a new activity diagram for a given activity in a UML model results in a new diagram showing the selected activity and its activity parameter nodes. Looking at the activity's properties I can see all the missing elements in the diagram listed as nodes, but unfortunately this elements are not displayed.

Should I expect this behaviour? Why are the other elements not displayed? Can anyone suggest a solution to easily visualize a UML model in a diagram?

I also tried an UML class model, respectively its visualization in a diagram, by using the "Diagram generation" tool. Despite the fact I sticked to the tutorial, the modelled classes did not show up in the diagram.

Kind regards,
Philipp
Re: Experiences with Diagram generation? [message #1421311 is a reply to message #1420907] Thu, 11 September 2014 07:44 Go to previous message
Camille Letavernier is currently offline Camille LetavernierFriend
Hi Philipp,

The Diagram Generation tool is not properly maintained, so I can't tell whether it works or not (Last time I checked, it did work however). Papyrus, by default, displays empty diagrams (Or minimalistic, for Sequence, Activity or StateMachine: only the root element is displayed). You have to populate the diagrams manually, e.g. by dropping the nodes of interested into the diagram (Ctrl + Drop can also display the contents of the dropped nodes, e.g. the properties of the classes)

The Diagram Generation tool emulates a Drag & Drop action, so it only works for diagrams which properly implement drag & drop operations.

Regards,
Camille

Camille Letavernier
Previous Topic:Importing SysML Programatically
Next Topic:Papyrus Oomph Setup Model has Gone to Mars
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 11:50:01 GMT 2024