Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » EGit / JGit » unchanged files are being marked as changed(unchanged files are being marked as changed)
unchanged files are being marked as changed [message #1417114] Thu, 04 September 2014 21:51 Go to next message
Seth White is currently offline Seth WhiteFriend
I am on Windows 7. Egit is marking files as changed (after I create a new project) if the execute permission is turned on in the git repository for the file. This makes the commit UI extremely cluttered, and I don't want to submit the files and turn off execute. The git command line tools are working fine. The problem is only with egit in eclipse. I have tried setting core.fileMode=false to no avail. Is this a bug? Is there a solution? I would like egit to treat the files as unmodified just as the git command line tools are.

Thanks,
Seth
Re: unchanged files are being marked as changed [message #1419912 is a reply to message #1417114] Tue, 09 September 2014 08:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Matthias Sohn is currently offline Matthias SohnFriend
Windows neither has execute permission nor file modes so why do you want to set core.fileMode to true ?
Re: unchanged files are being marked as changed [message #1420789 is a reply to message #1419912] Wed, 10 September 2014 13:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Christian Halstrick is currently offline Christian HalstrickFriend
Can you please describe the steps to reproduce the problem. I am not sure whether you are cloning an existing remote repo or creating a completely local repository. And if you are working on a local repository with windows, how do you the the "execute permission" on files?

Ciao
Chris
Re: unchanged files are being marked as changed [message #1422453 is a reply to message #1417114] Fri, 12 September 2014 22:02 Go to previous message
Robin Rosenberg is currently offline Robin RosenbergFriend
Seth White skrev 2014-09-05 02.23:
> I am on Windows 7. Egit is marking files as changed (after I create a new project) if the execute permission is turned on in the git repository for the file. This makes
> the commit UI extremely cluttered, and I don't want to submit the files and turn off execute. The git command line tools are working fine. The problem is only with egit in
> eclipse. I have tried setting core.fileMode=false to no avail. Is this a bug? Is there a solution? I would like egit to treat the files as unmodified just as the git
> command line tools are.
>
> Thanks,
> Seth

Windows has an execute permission, but most applications set the excutable permission on all files regardless of whether it is needed or not, so it will usually be wrong as
soon as a file is changes, hence the default is not ignore the bit.

-- robin
Previous Topic:Egit getting sluggish with WorkingTreeIterator.computeHash()
Next Topic:Escape file name
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 06:52:32 GMT 2024