Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » Koneki » Koneki LDT 1.0 (on Windows): Debugging not working
Koneki LDT 1.0 (on Windows): Debugging not working [message #1416961] Sun, 04 August 2013 16:02 Go to next message
jot wg is currently offline jot wgFriend
Hi,

I wanted to run a local debug session and followed the steps described in the LDT User Guide (embedded in Eclipse Help), but always get the "Process "..." takes too long to connect to IDE..." message.

Google gave me some hits, but as far as I see, all of them are related to v 0.9 and quite confusing: should debugging work in v1.0 straight away as described or do I need debugger.lua and debuginstrospection.lua and do I have to start a debug configuration AND run the application?

Any help is appreciated,
thx!

cheers
gwynpen
Re: Koneki LDT 1.0 (on Windows): Debugging not working [message #1416963 is a reply to message #1416961] Mon, 05 August 2013 10:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Simon Bernard is currently offline Simon BernardFriend
Hi,

I need some information to help you :).

Which kind of debug do you try ?
Lua Application ? Lua Attach to application ? or Lua Remote application ?

Which kind of interpreter do you try ?
(interpreter embedded in LDT ? system interpreter ? ... )

Can you see an error in the Console View ?

If this is not an embedded interpreter, do you have lua socket in your path (luapath luacpath) ?

Simon
Re: Koneki LDT 1.0 (on Windows): Debugging not working [message #1416964 is a reply to message #1416963] Mon, 05 August 2013 11:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
jot wg is currently offline jot wgFriend
I'm trying to debug a simple hello world Lua application as described in the user guide. So the embedded interpreter should be used.
Here are the steps performed (according to the user guide v1.0):
- downloaded the 1.0 "Standalone product" (same problem occurs when installing LDT on a "fresh" Kepler version by using the marketplace)
- created a Lua project
- added a print("Hello world!") statement in main.lua
- set a breakpoint on the line containing the print() statement
- clicked "Debug as Lua application"
-> the "Process "..." takes too long to connect to IDE..." message pops up after the time out
-> Run as Lua application does work, i.e. the application starts and the "Hello world!" output appears as expected.

Thx!
Joerg
Re: Koneki LDT 1.0 (on Windows): Debugging not working [message #1416967 is a reply to message #1416964] Fri, 09 August 2013 13:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Simon Bernard is currently offline Simon BernardFriend
Sry for the late reply.

I tested your usecase with my windows 7 64 bits.
I download the standalone product in version windows 64 and 32 bit, and it works for me.

When I tested it, I have got a firewall popup (triggered by the debugger connection)... maybe you have a problem with your firewall configuration ?

Did you see any output in the console view, when you do a "Debug as ..." ? maybe the debugger crash an we could get some information about your problem.

Thx.
Re: Koneki LDT 1.0 (on Windows): Debugging not working [message #1416970 is a reply to message #1416961] Mon, 12 August 2013 05:21 Go to previous message
Mal McEwan is currently offline Mal McEwanFriend
I had the debugger timing out with a new install of the LuaDevelopmentTools 1.0 and a break point on a print("Hello World" that I added to the main function. Following on from the comment of Firewall issues I noticed that my Firewall/Virus Check had an urgent update against my version of the JDK. By installing the latest JDK (JDK 7.21 Windows 64bit) everything started working. Not sure if it was Avast or the JDK but all works now.
Hope this helps others.
Previous Topic:[LDT1.0] link a dynamic library , Help !
Next Topic:[LDT1.0] link a dynamic library , Help !
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 20:23:02 GMT 2024