Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » Koneki » Could not initialize class com.naef.jnlua.LuaState
Could not initialize class com.naef.jnlua.LuaState [message #1416957] Fri, 02 August 2013 09:55 Go to next message
Kyle Hunter is currently offline Kyle HunterFriend
Hello,

When I initially downloaded Lua Development Tools, when creating a project or trying to open a Lua file in the editor, I would get an error message:

Could not initialize class com.naef.jnlua.LuaState

After repeating the procedure multiple times, I got a new error before the aforementioned error:

java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: C:\Users\Kyle\Downloads\LDT\configuration\org.eclipse.osgi\bundles\7\1\.cp\lib\jnlua5.1.dll: The application has failed to start because its side-by-side configuration is incorrect. Please see the application event log or use the command-line sxstrace.exe tool for more detail

Curiously enough, this UnsatisfiedLinkError did not seem to always display in my .log file.

I was able to solve the problem by installing "Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 SP1 Redistributable Package (x86)". Apparently, this redistributable is required by jnlua. However, this dependency is not listed on the LDT page or jnlua page to my knowledge. It's probably common to have installed, but [my copy of] Windows 7 only comes with the 2010 redistributable by default. Hopefully this may help someone else experiencing the same problem as I could not find any information on it.

Anyways, excellent job on the IDE. I'm excited to see an Eclipse platform for Lua that is regularly maintained.

Cheers,
Kyle
Re: Could not initialize class com.naef.jnlua.LuaState [message #1416966 is a reply to message #1416957] Thu, 08 August 2013 09:31 Go to previous message
Marc Aubry is currently offline Marc AubryFriend
Thanks for sharing your feedback, it is really appreciated as we are not comfortable with compilation and dynamic linkage, even on windows.
Previous Topic:Execution Environment imported by default
Next Topic:[LDT1.0] link a dynamic library , Help !
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Apr 20 00:02:35 GMT 2024