Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » Koneki » A Truly Newbie Question - How to Get Started?
A Truly Newbie Question - How to Get Started? [message #1416886] Sun, 12 May 2013 23:27 Go to next message
Yee Jie Ng is currently offline Yee Jie NgFriend
Hi Konekians,

Just yesterday I saw the cool demo demonstrated by Ian Skerrett on YouTube that connects Raspberry Pi to Arduino with a few sensors to control lighting. Since I have been coding with Arduino Uno (using Arduino IDE), Raspberry Pi, Netduino etc for some time, I had realized the limitations of those development tools (especially when you want to interconnect all those different platforms). Thus it intrigued me to download Koneki - LDT and try it out.

A truly newbie question here is how do I get started after I installed LDT. I tried to find some quick start guides (preferably with sample source code) on the official website, forum or others blog but can't manage to find any.

Any clue? Thank you.
Re: A Truly Newbie Question - How to Get Started? [message #1416887 is a reply to message #1416886] Mon, 13 May 2013 11:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Eclipse UserFriend
Hello Yee Jie,

First step would probably be for you to setup Mihini on your Raspberry Pi, by following this tutorial http://wiki.eclipse.org/Mihini/Run_Mihini_on_an_Open_Hardware_platform

When you're there, the source code of the greenhouse can be found at http://git.eclipse.org/c/mihini/org.eclipse.mihini.samples.git/tree/
You may need help for putting everything together so please do not hesitate to ask should you have any question!

Cheers!
Re: A Truly Newbie Question - How to Get Started? [message #1416892 is a reply to message #1416887] Wed, 15 May 2013 16:36 Go to previous message
Eclipse UserFriend
Hi Yee Jie  anything we can do to help you setting up a greenhouse-like demo? :) Or maybe you just didn't have a chance to play with Koneki and Mihini more just yet! :)
Previous Topic:mips platform mihini transplantation
Next Topic:debugger hangs up and windows too
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 23:57:33 GMT 2024