Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » Koneki » Debugger attaches, but nothing else happens
Debugger attaches, but nothing else happens [message #1416882] Wed, 08 May 2013 13:08 Go to next message
Neil W is currently offline Neil WFriend
Hi,

I've built Lua 5.1.5 as a dll. I execute scripts that can be passed into the my program or are embedded as part of its test infrastructure.

I'm trying to use LDT (0.9.0.201212171109)to debug scripts, but am not having much luck. The scripts are run using lua_pcall, and given a name (e.g. UserScript1.lua) but not saved to disk.

I start the debugger by selecting a 'Lua Attach to Application' configuration. I have 'break on first line' and 'Enable DBGP logging' selected. I also have a file in my project called UserScript1.lua which corresponds in content to the embedded test script being run.

The console shows [Debug Console]NewConfiguration(1) until my program has run, then shows <terminated>[Debug Console] etc.

The script debug log shows:
Event MODEL_SPECIFIC/5 from org.eclipse.dltk.dbgp.internal.DbgpDebugingEngine
<< <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" ?>
<init fileuri="unknown:/" idekey="luaidekey" protocol_version="1.0" parent="" thread="main" appid="Lua DBGp" language="Lua" session="1368010931_main" xmlns="urn:debugger_protocol_v1"/>
>> feature_set -n max_children -i 142 -v 32
<response feature="max_children" success="1" command="feature_set" transaction_id="142" xmlns="urn:debugger_protocol_v1"/>
>> feature_set -n max_depth -i 143 -v 2
<response feature="max_depth" success="1" command="feature_set" transaction_id="143" xmlns="urn:debugger_protocol_v1"/>
>> feature_set -n max_data -i 144 -v 8192
<response feature="max_data" success="1" command="feature_set" transaction_id="144" xmlns="urn:debugger_protocol_v1"/>
>> feature_get -n stdin -i 145
<response transaction_id="145" feature_name="stdin" command="feature_get" supported="0" xmlns="urn:debugger_protocol_v1"><![CDATA[false]]></response>
>> feature_set -n notify_ok -i 146 -v 1
<response feature="notify_ok" success="0" command="feature_set" transaction_id="146" xmlns="urn:debugger_protocol_v1"/>
>> stdout -c 2 -i 147
<response command="stdout" transaction_id="147" success="1" xmlns="urn:debugger_protocol_v1"/>
>> stderr -c 2 -i 148
<response command="stderr" transaction_id="148" success="1" xmlns="urn:debugger_protocol_v1"/>
>> breakpoint_set -r 0 -t line -s enabled -n 2 -i 149 -f file:///C:/Program%20Files/LuaDevelopmentTools64/workspace/test/src/UserScript1.lua
<response transaction_id="149" id="0" state="enabled" command="breakpoint_set" xmlns="urn:debugger_protocol_v1"/>
>> breakpoint_set -r 0 -t line -s enabled -n 5 -i 150 -f file:///C:/Program%20Files/LuaDevelopmentTools64/workspace/test/src/UserScript1.lua
<response transaction_id="150" id="1" state="enabled" command="breakpoint_set" xmlns="urn:debugger_protocol_v1"/>
Event CREATE from org.eclipse.dltk.internal.debug.core.model.ScriptThread
>> step_into -i 151
Event MODEL_SPECIFIC/4 from org.eclipse.dltk.internal.debug.core.model.ScriptThread
Event RESUME from org.eclipse.dltk.internal.debug.core.model.ScriptThread
Event CHANGE from org.eclipse.dltk.internal.debug.core.model.ScriptThread
Event MODEL_SPECIFIC/2 from org.eclipse.koneki.ldt.debug.core.internal.attach.LuaAttachDebuggingEngineRunner$1
Event TERMINATE from org.eclipse.dltk.internal.debug.core.model.ScriptThread

I'd appreciate any help diagnosing this problem. Even if I had the source mapping incorrect, I would have expected to see the script I run being downloaded to the debugger, but nothing happens.

TIA,

Neil
Re: Debugger attaches, but nothing else happens [message #1416883 is a reply to message #1416882] Thu, 09 May 2013 09:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I've just seen this in the debugger.lua file:
-- * Dynamic code (compiled with load or loadstring) is not handled (the debugger will step over it, like C code)

I suspect that is the cause of my problems, as I'm using lua_loadbuffer on my embedded script.

If anyone knows of a workaround to this, (quite new to Lua, so there may be a different way of doing things, but using the filesystem is not an option) then I'd love to hear it.

Thanks,

Neil
Re: Debugger attaches, but nothing else happens [message #1416884 is a reply to message #1416883] Thu, 09 May 2013 11:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Success! To use an embedded script you need to load it in the style of luaL_loadfile, pushing the filename onto the stack first with lua_pushfstring(L, "@%s", filename); and removing it after calling luaL_loadbuffer.
Re: Debugger attaches, but nothing else happens [message #1416885 is a reply to message #1416884] Fri, 10 May 2013 11:52 Go to previous message
Eclipse UserFriend
Kudos! :)
I'm glad you solved your problem!
Previous Topic:Can't use the editor under Mac OS
Next Topic:mips platform mihini transplantation
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 23:13:47 GMT 2024