Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » Koneki » Debugging with Corona SDK (Juno)
Debugging with Corona SDK (Juno) [message #1416744] Fri, 30 November 2012 01:33 Go to next message
Gary Dotzlaw is currently offline Gary DotzlawFriend
I watched Benjamin's video on connecting Koneki to the Corona SDK simulator, but I'm having a problems. The problem is that when I launch the main.lua file with my launch configuration, even though I have a break point set at the same place shown, nothing happens.

I've setup my debug configuration exactly like shown in the video, and setup a run configuration for external tools using the the Location = "[path]\Corona Simulator.exe", Working Directory = "[path]" and Arguments = "${workspace_loc}\${container_path}\${selected_resource_name}".

I select the main.lua file
I start the debugger configuration in Eclipse
I launch the Corona debugger (opens debugger, output and simulator)
I start my run configuration, and a new version of the Corona SDK opens and the game starts (nothing happens in the debugger; I do not get the prompt to enter "Run" shown in the video)

I must be doing something wrong. Any ideas?

Window 7(64)
Corona Simulator 2012.971
Eclipse 4.2.1
Re: Debugging with Corona SDK (Juno) [message #1416745 is a reply to message #1416744] Fri, 30 November 2012 23:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Well, I tried re-installing everything, but it just keeps launching a new Corona simulator every time I run my main lua file. I guess either the Koneki debugger does not work with Juno or the latest release of the Corona SDK.

I will try an Indigo install and see if that makes any difference.

Let me know if anyone has this debugger running on a Windows 7 64 bit, or has any ideas on how to properly setup the Run Configuration. Any help would be appreciated.
Re: Debugging with Corona SDK (Juno) [message #1416746 is a reply to message #1416745] Sat, 01 December 2012 00:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Same thing with Indigo. Just keeps opening a new simulator. Does not connect to the debugger that is running.
Re: Debugging with Corona SDK (Juno) [message #1416747 is a reply to message #1416744] Sun, 02 December 2012 14:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Gave up on this and switched to the new Lua Glider. Works perfectly for debugging with the Corona simulator, has full code completion, and pretty much all the features one needs. Disappointed I could not get an Eclipse version working with Corona, since I work full-time with Eclipse doing Java/Javascript development everyday, and its what I feel the most comfortable with.
Re: Debugging with Corona SDK (Juno) [message #1416905 is a reply to message #1416744] Mon, 20 May 2013 23:00 Go to previous message
Linus Janson is currently offline Linus JansonFriend
When you Debug, the app is started, but paused. When you then also Run it, you get another copy running in Run mode (not debug mode), just as you describe.

You have to start debugging it from the terminal (by entering "run").

Happy bug hunting :)
--
Android Developer
Free Thought Games
freethoughtgames.wordpress.com

Android Developer
Free Thought Games
freethoughtgames.wordpress.com
Previous Topic:error loading module 'stagedb.core'
Next Topic:Re: debugger hangs up and windows too
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 22:09:07 GMT 2024