Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » Koneki » [version .9] Issues with Debug
[version .9] Issues with Debug [message #1416674] Sun, 30 September 2012 16:29 Go to next message
Roy Anderson is currently offline Roy AndersonFriend
I have installed the latest version (5.1.4-46) of Lua for Windows.
I have installed the latest version (.9) of LDT in Eclipse.

I am a Lua newbie and just trying to get running/debugging of Lua working in Eclipse. I create a new Lua Project with a simple hello world script in main.lua.

local function main()
local c = "hello world"
print ( c )
end
main()

When I set up the Run and Debug Configurations and try to debug, it errors out with "Error within debug UI". The same script works just fine in SciTE however. I assume I am setting up the Run/Debug Config incorrectly. Is there a step-by-step description on how to do this?

Thank you so much! :)
Re: [version .9] Issues with Debug [message #1416677 is a reply to message #1416674] Mon, 01 October 2012 14:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Marc Aubry is currently offline Marc AubryFriend
Hi Roy,

First, thanks to take time to post your feedback to enhance and find debug in the tool.

It seems that we can't reproduce the error "Error within debug UI".
I suppose you to use the installed lua interpreter ? Do you reproduce the bug using JNLua LDT embedded interpreter ? ( you can try it by changing a parameter in the launch configuration).
Maybe the error also throws an exception in log. Please, can you send us log files you can find in "<your_workspace>/.metadata/*log" where <your_workspace> is by default "<LDT installation directory>/workspace" ?

You can also find some debugger documentation in the user guide (but nothing detailled):
http://wiki.eclipse.org/Koneki/LDT/Developer_Area/User_Guides/User_Guide_0.9
(see "run a lua file" and "interpreters" parts)

Thank,
Marc
Re: [version .9] Issues with Debug [message #1416684 is a reply to message #1416677] Thu, 04 October 2012 13:42 Go to previous message
Simon Bernard is currently offline Simon BernardFriend
Hi roy,
Forget stuff about jnlua, marc make a little mistake this code is not testable on our nightly repository. (it's a secret feature 8))
Do you solve your problem ?
Previous Topic:how debug with my own Interpreter in local
Next Topic:Debugger opening wrong sourcefile
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 06:59:02 GMT 2024