Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » Koneki » Debugging Lua code launched from a Lua program
Debugging Lua code launched from a Lua program [message #1416579] Wed, 08 August 2012 23:42 Go to next message
Milind Gupta is currently offline Milind GuptaFriend
Hi,
I have been using LDT for quite some time now. It works great. Now I want to debug a script that my Lua program loads using loadstring and executes. I added the require('debugger')() line as the 1st line of the script and opened it in LDT and then launched the script from my Lua program. Somehow the code stops execution right after executing the script and not inside it.
How can I get this to work?

Thanks,
Milind
Re: Debugging Lua code launched from a Lua program [message #1416584 is a reply to message #1416579] Fri, 10 August 2012 15:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Simon Bernard is currently offline Simon BernardFriend
Hi,
The dynamic code is not supported, it means that any code that is loaded with load, loadstring will not be supported. The debugger will step over it just like a C function.
Sry
Re: Debugging Lua code launched from a Lua program [message #1416589 is a reply to message #1416584] Fri, 10 August 2012 20:47 Go to previous message
Milind Gupta is currently offline Milind GuptaFriend
Thanks for the reply. Do you know of any other good way to debug such dynamic code? Also it seemed logical to me that once a lua code is launched by having debugger required and if the debug server is waiting for a connection it should enter into a debug session. Why does it matter that is is launched by load?
Previous Topic:Debugging watch window where __type has been set
Next Topic:Code completion does not work with global variables
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 07:46:11 GMT 2024