Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » Koneki » Code Assistant doesn't work with networked sources?
Code Assistant doesn't work with networked sources? [message #1416537] Wed, 25 July 2012 18:08 Go to next message
scott thompson is currently offline scott thompsonFriend
If I copy my entire Lua source to a local hard drive, then switch to that workspace in LDT, then the code assistant works perfectly. It picks up every single function.

However, if I have my code on a MAPPED network drive...the code assistant doesn't work.

Is there something I need to do? I can't find any config settings for the code assistant.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.
Re: Code Assistant doesn't work with networked sources? [message #1416544 is a reply to message #1416537] Fri, 27 July 2012 13:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
And now all of a sudden the Code Assistant doesn't work at all. I've switched back to my local hard drive workspace and when I press "ctrl+space" all i get is a list of the basic lua reserved words (for, if, do else, etc)

What do i need to do to get LDT to "rebuild" the code assistant. Is there a file that the code assistant information is stored (ascii file?) so i can see what it is populated with? There needs to be a button for "reprocess for code assistant" or something and then maybe a "status" or "results" dialog so that i can figure out why all my functions and variables aren't being picked up anymore.

Help please! this is really frustrating me because i cannot figure out why it's no longer working. I love this feature!
Re: Code Assistant doesn't work with networked sources? [message #1416545 is a reply to message #1416544] Fri, 27 July 2012 13:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
For more information, I'm not writing compilable Lua. I'm just writing scripts to be used inside an application with Lua APIs. I have no idea why it has all of a sudden decided not to show all my functions in the code assistant
Re: Code Assistant doesn't work with networked sources? [message #1416551 is a reply to message #1416545] Fri, 27 July 2012 14:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Simon Bernard is currently offline Simon BernardFriend
Hi,
I never test to use LDT with my code in a network drive.
On which platform are you ?(windows, linux ?) How did you mapped your drive ?

For the user assistance, there are no persistent cache, so restart the IDE can resolve potential cache problem.
Could you give me the LDT version you use ?
Re: Code Assistant doesn't work with networked sources? [message #1416552 is a reply to message #1416551] Fri, 27 July 2012 16:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I'm on windows. the mapped drive is drive T:

I'm using LDT version 0.1.0.201201241319

Like i said..it was working 2 days ago..i must have clicked something that turned it off? i don't know

I'd rather figure out why it is no longer working when working with a project on my local hard drive.
Re: Code Assistant doesn't work with networked sources? [message #1416553 is a reply to message #1416552] Fri, 27 July 2012 16:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Just downloaded the newest version from http://www.eclipse.org/koneki/ldt/
..still does the same thing. The only thing content assist will show me is lua reserved words and templates (snippets)

btw, I'm using the stand-alone because i have to use it on a network without internet connection. So, i can't just install packages and extensions easily.
Re: Code Assistant doesn't work with networked sources? [message #1416554 is a reply to message #1416553] Fri, 27 July 2012 18:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
well i switched back to verison 0.1 ..and magically all my stuff showed up in content assistant again...who knows why..don't care. I won't be going to 0.8 anytime soon since apparently there is a whole bunch of extra junk you have to do to get stuff to appear in content assist (lua documentor junk)
Re: Code Assistant doesn't work with networked sources? [message #1416560 is a reply to message #1416554] Mon, 30 July 2012 09:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Happy to see you find a solution.
We don't think our work on lua documentor is a junk ...
We are aware for some users this could be a regression, and we are sorry about that.
But with lua documentor we can bring code assistance to a lot of different use cases.
We think this approach has a great potential.
I'm not sure, you really try to test it before you post your constructive feedback.
I encourage you to try the execution environmment support.
You could http://sierrawireless.github.com/lua-execution-environments/ and http://wiki.eclipse.org/Koneki/LDT/User_Guide#Execution_Environment the Lua 5.1 execution environment support to your project to test that.
Re: Code Assistant doesn't work with networked sources? [message #1416569 is a reply to message #1416560] Mon, 06 August 2012 17:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
First, let me apologize for my rash response. I was just quite incensed at upgrading to a new version and losing functionality. Especially since I spent about a week trying to figure out how I must have screwed up the environment.

That being said...Lua documentor is NOT junk..it is a good feature and is quite powerful (though I cannot tell if it is as powerful as the "main" lua documenter tool it is based on, because the wiki on it isn't very exhaustive). lua-users(dot)org/wiki/LuaDocumentation

Regardless, it is a good tool..probably could use better explanations though. (Perhaps when i have time I will update the wiki)

The point of my rant though, is that the code completion tool was the main reason I am using Koneki. It's the only one that I could find that had one that worked. I'm working with scripts (not "real" code) and in my "environment" all scripts can call another script. So I have a "library" of functions that allows me to use comon tools for controlling my aircraft (using for an aircraft simulator).

Anyways, the fact that I had a 2 keystroke short-cut to all my functions was very useful.

I even used a "linked resource" lua file to implement blank functions of all the LUA-API functions that are in my C++-application so that I could easily "see" them during script development...this ability is now gone with the current iteration.

I ask, and perhaps others will second this motion, that the code assistant be returned to a form similar to the previous version. LEAVE LUA documentor...it's good...but give me my code assistant back..i don't want to spend months adding EXTRA comments to all my 2,000+ headers just so i can use code assistant.
Re: Code Assistant doesn't work with networked sources? [message #1416572 is a reply to message #1416569] Mon, 06 August 2012 17:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Let me make a suggestion (And i will copy this to the "requested features" forum.

In Options-> Resources, add a tab for "Undocumented code" that can be parsed by the code-assistant and generated all the time. The option should allow me to add a "folder location" and a check box available for "Include all sub-folders"

This would give me the capability to access my "Library" functions
Re: Code Assistant doesn't work with networked sources? [message #1416585 is a reply to message #1416572] Fri, 10 August 2012 16:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
We plan to improve our code-assistant, and the goal is to be able to do more than we can do with the 0.1.0 version, this may take some time. Pending you could follow this https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=381671.

For your C++ stub library, you could do the same thing as you done by creating an empty lua file with the http://wiki.eclipse.org/Koneki/LDT/Technical_Documentation/Documentation_Language(you could surely generate it with lua from your blank functions easily). You could be interested by http://wiki.eclipse.org/Koneki/LDT/Technical_Documentation/Execution_Environment_file_format too.

I'm not sure to understand your feature request ? I believe your could already do that by modifiyng the buildpath (right click build path/configure build path).

To better understand your use case, all your scripts define "global function" which must be accessible every time in the content assist, that's right ?
Re: Code Assistant doesn't work with networked sources? [message #1416602 is a reply to message #1416585] Tue, 14 August 2012 16:49 Go to previous message
That's close.

Bascially, every one of my scripts calls a built-in function (include) which allows me to load scripts (and their functions) into my application.

Once the script is loaded, I can then call its functions. The typical scenario is to "include" all of my "Library functions" at the beginning of each test script. This way, that test script has the full range of functions against my aircraft sim. Some of these "functions" do things like, make the aircraft takeoff, fly to x altitude with x heading, at x knots. Other "functions" configure my navigation sources (INU, GPS, VOTAC, etc).

I'm not sure the build path is the way to go for me. I don't "build" these files, I simply run them in my script run-time environment.
Previous Topic:No Outline Information for Lua Files
Next Topic:[SOLVED] Koneki Deliverables?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 01:24:50 GMT 2024