Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » Koneki » Issues with Source Mapping
Issues with Source Mapping [message #1416509] Wed, 11 July 2012 17:52 Go to next message
Jason Lee is currently offline Jason LeeFriend
I'm trying to use remote debugging to attach a lua script, but I'm not having luck hitting any breakpoints. My guess is that I don't have my source mapping set up correctly; I've tried them all, but no luck with any.

I'm building lua 5.1.5 source into my application and calling scripts via lua_pcall. Could this be my problem?

The *.lua files are on my local machine, so it seems to make sense to use Local Resolution for my source mapping. I think I'm attached correctly, since I see print statements in the console window. The debug windows shows "Running coroutine(running)".

Is there something I'm going about wrong?
Re: Issues with Source Mapping [message #1416512 is a reply to message #1416509] Fri, 13 July 2012 14:19 Go to previous message
Simon Bernard is currently offline Simon BernardFriend
Hi Jason,
1. Did you try to use the option "Break on first line" ? You could activate it in the "Lua attach to application" debug configuration. This must works even if you have problem with path mapping.

2. If the files loaded by your VM are present in your LDT workspace, you should use the Local Resolution. How do you load your lua script (require, loadfile,loadstring) ?

3. Did the path of your file contain white spaces ? We fixed a bug about that recently.
Previous Topic:LDT code analysis and code assistance is not working
Next Topic:Keep debugger running
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 07:14:08 GMT 2024