Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » Koneki » Debugger timeout on 3.7.2, Windows 7 x64
Debugger timeout on 3.7.2, Windows 7 x64 [message #1416466] Tue, 29 May 2012 23:08 Go to next message
Walter Parker is currently offline Walter ParkerFriend
Following the instructions as found at wiki.eclipse.org/Koneki/LDT/Concepts/Debugger

I noticed that it no longer reads "Remote Lua Application", but now reads "Lua Attach to Application", the setup looks the same.

The defaults looked good, so I clicked on debug and said 'Launching TestingLua(70%)' and then sat there until the timeout happened and displayed a popup:

'Program launching debugger' 'Process "TestingLua" takes to long to connect to IDE...'

What do I do next? I tried to run the lua program, but the run button doesn't work (it says the selection cannot be launched, and there are not recent launches).

Click on the debug icon, causes the workspace to build and then the timeout comes back.
Re: Debugger timeout on 3.7.2, Windows 7 x64 [message #1416468 is a reply to message #1416466] Mon, 04 June 2012 15:35 Go to previous message
Simon Bernard is currently offline Simon BernardFriend
Hi,

You're right the launch configuration has been renamed. We will fix that in the documentation.

For your problem, it seems you have just run the debug server.
You need to use the lua debugger client and run your application manually with it to connect your application to the debug server.
(see http://wiki.eclipse.org/Koneki/LDT/Concepts/Debugger#DBGP_Client)

Currently, the attach debug is the only way to debug in ldt.
The advantage is that you can debug a lot of kinds of lua VMs, the disadvantage is that it is not so easy to start.

We agree that ldt needs a more simple way to debug lua applications.

you can also see this topic, you surely find some interesting information (http://www.eclipse.org/forums/index.php/t/296547/)

HTH
Previous Topic:Debugging for Corona SDK
Next Topic:Lua Function Templates query
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 18:53:56 GMT 2024