Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » Jubula » JSlider example extension - 5009: AUT start failed(AUT start fails with the provided JSlider example extension)
JSlider example extension - 5009: AUT start failed [message #1415647] Wed, 03 September 2014 09:12 Go to next message
Thomas  Küstermann is currently offline Thomas KüstermannFriend
Hi testing experts,

I'm playing a bit with providing a swing extension for JInternalFrames. To give it a start, I thought I first try out the JSlider example.

I successfully installed the JSlider feature into the ITE via update site. I then created a new test with the provided JSlider application, but now I'm unable to start the AUT from within the ITE. Message is "5009: AUT start failed". After uninstalling the extension feature, the AUT can be started again - without any modifications.

Interestingly, if I remove the remote control bundle "org.eclipse.jubula.examples.extension.swing.rc" from the feature and re-install it into the ITE again, I'm now able to start the AUT.

Is it allowed to deploy the RC bundle into the ITE? I'm sure there is a mistake on my side, so I'm appreciating any hint on how I can debug this issue best.

Kind regards,

Thomas
Re: JSlider example extension - 5009: AUT start failed [message #1416016 is a reply to message #1415647] Thu, 04 September 2014 06:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Alexandra Schladebeck is currently offline Alexandra SchladebeckFriend
Hi,

I'm not the expert on extensions, but it sounds like you might want to check how the feature is deployed in the server part (if I remember correctly, extensions have to be deployed both in the ITE and the server sides). If you've already done that, and you've checked your steps again, then I'd recommend sending a mail to the Jubula rc-dev list so that the team can help you there. It'll be helpful there to see (in a zip): your extension, the log output, and information on the details of your system and AUT (version, Java version etc.).

Hope that helps!
Alex
Re: JSlider example extension - 5009: AUT start failed [message #1416026 is a reply to message #1416016] Thu, 04 September 2014 07:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi Alex,

According to the extension guide installing the feature into the ITE is everything to do to make jubula known of the new functionality. Nevertheless, I just found out what the issue is. In order to provide custom swing extensions one has to create a fragment bundle whose host bundle is org.eclipse.jubula.rc.swing. Unfortunately, the host bundle is signed and as far as I know*, it's not possible for a fragment bundle to provide additionally functionality if the package in question is signed.

This looks like a bug for me, should I file an issue? The only workaround I know of is to remove the signatures to be found in the MANIFEST.MF of org.eclipse.jubula.rc.swing. Doing so fixes this issue.

Quote:
It'll be helpful there to see (in a zip): your extension

I took the provided JSlider Swing Extension which can be found in the Jubula installation directory under jubula_8.0.00170/examples/development/extension/src/SwingExtension.zip.

Note that I'm using the Jubula version downloaded from your website (bredex).

Thanks for looking into this,

-- Thomas

* see Steps to use Fragments to patch a plug-in and issue #173673 for details
Re: JSlider example extension - 5009: AUT start failed [message #1416094 is a reply to message #1416026] Thu, 04 September 2014 09:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Alexandra Schladebeck is currently offline Alexandra SchladebeckFriend
Hi Thomas,

Chapter 2.3 of the extension guide deals with the server side extension and the creation of a fragment, but I'm pleased you found the answer anyway Smile

The point about the signing rings a bell and I'm pretty sure that the workaround you mentioned is currently the only way to do this. I was fairly sure we already had a ticket for it, but I can't find it. Feel free to enter one - we can always mark it as a duplicate if necessary.

Thanks for providing the links as well!

Best regards,
Alex
Re: JSlider example extension - 5009: AUT start failed [message #1416317 is a reply to message #1416094] Thu, 04 September 2014 18:49 Go to previous message
For your information, I filed issue #443349.

-- Thomas
Previous Topic:variables and test data values are not getting exported
Next Topic:Jubula and version control
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 15:50:17 GMT 2024