Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Newcomers » Newcomers » Create a version of eclipse that works
Create a version of eclipse that works [message #1415624] Wed, 03 September 2014 08:03 Go to next message
james smith is currently offline james smithFriend
I've been trying to get eclipse to work for 2 years now, and still have problems loading it. Initially it worked fine, 2 years ago. But after my first update it stopped working. Again today i downloaded the Java files and eclipse again, after a 6 month rest from it. And again, it doesn't work.
Hopefully it will work one day. I'll try again in 6 months. Until then bye-bye.
Re: Create a version of eclipse that works [message #1415737 is a reply to message #1415624] Wed, 03 September 2014 13:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Denis Roy is currently offline Denis RoyFriend

Hi James,

Thanks for your feedback -- even if it's not what we want to hear Smile Perhaps you can give us more detail as to what's not working (error message, screenshot, and so on). Perhaps it's a simple fix that someone can help you with.

Denis Roy
Eclipse Webmaster -- webmaster@eclipse.org
Re: Create a version of eclipse that works [message #1415739 is a reply to message #1415624] Wed, 03 September 2014 13:50 Go to previous message
Wayne Beaton is currently offline Wayne BeatonFriend
We do test Eclipse extensively. And we have a large community--literally millions of developers--who use Eclipse regularly. We're pretty sure that we have a version of Eclipse that works.

Having said that, we do occasionally hear from people like yourself who have problems. We're always looking for ways to improve. To do that, we need information.

Have you opened any bug reports that detail the nature of "stopped working"?

What version of Eclipse have you downloaded? What version of Java?

When Eclipse stops working, can you still run Java apps? (i.e. is Eclipse breaking, or is Java breaking?)

Are any messages being dumped into the workspace/.metadata/.log file?
Previous Topic:imports in the outline
Next Topic:Project configuration file
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 10:02:20 GMT 2024