Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » AMP » "The selected wizard could not be started" error
"The selected wizard could not be started" error [message #1415498] Tue, 02 September 2014 23:52 Go to next message
James OBrien is currently offline James OBrienFriend
Hi Miles & everyone,

Firstly thank you for your hard work on building AMP - I've got what I hope is a simple installation issue in Eclipse. Thanks to Francesco & Marco's instructions I'm using Luna and everything seemed to install fine.

I've created a general project, imported the git and run it using a Run config.
I do get an error in the workspace as I run it in :

org.eclipse.amp.amf.examples.ascape
org.eclipse.amp.amf.ide.repast
XPandCodeGenTest
org.eclipse.amp.amf.gen.repast.test
org.eclipse.amp.amf.parameters.test
org.eclipse.amp.amf.gen.test
GenNotOverride
org.eclipse.amp.axf.ide.test
org.eclipse.amp.amf.examples.repast
org.eclipse.amp.amf.examples.escape
org.eclipse.amp.amf.gen.ascape.test

Proceeding with the launch anyway I can open a perspective "Agent Modeling" but when I attempt to create a new Agent Model (MetaABM) I get an error that "The selected wizard could not be started" because "Plug-in org.eclipse.amp.amp.acore.editor was unable to load class org.metaabm.ide.CustomMetaABMModelWizard"

It seems as though I'm missing a few core bits of functionality but I'm not sure where to collect them from & how to resolve the issue.

Any advice would be gratefully received,
James.
Re: "The selected wizard could not be started" error [message #1415523 is a reply to message #1415498] Wed, 03 September 2014 01:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Miles Parker is currently offline Miles ParkerFriend
Hey James,

My guess is that this is some kind of incompatibility with Luna API changes. Can you give me the full error report w/ the stack trace? Double-click on the item in the error log to get that and then paste in the exception stack trace.

cheers,

Miles
Re: "The selected wizard could not be started" error [message #1415530 is a reply to message #1415523] Wed, 03 September 2014 02:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
James OBrien is currently offline James OBrienFriend
Hi Miles,
Thanks for the very rapid reply. As requested:

java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: org.metaabm.ide.CustomMetaABMModelWizard cannot be found by org.eclipse.amp.amf.acore.editor_0.9.0.qualifier
at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.loader.BundleLoader.findClassInternal(BundleLoader.java:373)
at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.loader.BundleLoader.findClass(BundleLoader.java:336)
at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.loader.BundleLoader.findClass(BundleLoader.java:328)
at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.loader.ModuleClassLoader.loadClass(ModuleClassLoader.java:160)
at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source)
at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.framework.EquinoxBundle.loadClass(EquinoxBundle.java:568)
at org.eclipse.core.internal.registry.osgi.RegistryStrategyOSGI.createExecutableExtension(RegistryStrategyOSGI.java:174)
at org.eclipse.core.internal.registry.ExtensionRegistry.createExecutableExtension(ExtensionRegistry.java:905)
at org.eclipse.core.internal.registry.ConfigurationElement.createExecutableExtension(ConfigurationElement.java:243)
at org.eclipse.core.internal.registry.ConfigurationElementHandle.createExecutableExtension(ConfigurationElementHandle.java:55)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.WorkbenchPlugin$1.run(WorkbenchPlugin.java:294)
at org.eclipse.swt.custom.BusyIndicator.showWhile(BusyIndicator.java:70)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.WorkbenchPlugin.createExtension(WorkbenchPlugin.java:289)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.dialogs.WorkbenchWizardElement.createExecutableExtension(WorkbenchWizardElement.java:123)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.dialogs.WorkbenchWizardElement.createWizard(WorkbenchWizardElement.java:278)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.actions.NewWizardShortcutAction.run(NewWizardShortcutAction.java:88)
at org.eclipse.jface.action.Action.runWithEvent(Action.java:519)
at org.eclipse.jface.action.ActionContributionItem.handleWidgetSelection(ActionContributionItem.java:595)
at org.eclipse.jface.action.ActionContributionItem.access$2(ActionContributionItem.java:511)
at org.eclipse.jface.action.ActionContributionItem$5.handleEvent(ActionContributionItem.java:420)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.EventTable.sendEvent(EventTable.java:84)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.sendEvent(Display.java:4353)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Widget.sendEvent(Widget.java:1061)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.runDeferredEvents(Display.java:4172)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.readAndDispatch(Display.java:3761)
at org.eclipse.e4.ui.internal.workbench.swt.PartRenderingEngine$9.run(PartRenderingEngine.java:1151)
at org.eclipse.core.databinding.observable.Realm.runWithDefault(Realm.java:332)
at org.eclipse.e4.ui.internal.workbench.swt.PartRenderingEngine.run(PartRenderingEngine.java:1032)
at org.eclipse.e4.ui.internal.workbench.E4Workbench.createAndRunUI(E4Workbench.java:148)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench$5.run(Workbench.java:636)
at org.eclipse.core.databinding.observable.Realm.runWithDefault(Realm.java:332)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.createAndRunWorkbench(Workbench.java:579)
at org.eclipse.ui.PlatformUI.createAndRunWorkbench(PlatformUI.java:150)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.ide.application.IDEApplication.start(IDEApplication.java:135)
at org.eclipse.equinox.internal.app.EclipseAppHandle.run(EclipseAppHandle.java:196)
at org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseAppLauncher.runApplication(EclipseAppLauncher.java:134)
at org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseAppLauncher.start(EclipseAppLauncher.java:104)
at org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(EclipseStarter.java:382)
at org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(EclipseStarter.java:236)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Unknown Source)
at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.invokeFramework(Main.java:648)
at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.basicRun(Main.java:603)
at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.run(Main.java:1465)
at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.main(Main.java:1438)
Re: "The selected wizard could not be started" error [message #1415540 is a reply to message #1415530] Wed, 03 September 2014 02:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Miles Parker is currently offline Miles ParkerFriend
Hmm...it looks like there might be an issue with the installation. Do youy have any warnding about bundles not loading in your log? If not, have you considered/tried running under Juno or Kepler? (Eclipse 3.8.)
Re: "The selected wizard could not be started" error [message #1727098 is a reply to message #1415540] Fri, 18 March 2016 22:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Javier FdelR is currently offline Javier FdelRFriend
Hi Everyone,

I'm getting a similar error when trying to create a new "Agent Model (Meta ABM)":
Quote:
Plug-in org.eclipse.amp.amf.acore.editor was unable to load class org.metaabm.ide.CustomMetaABMModelWizard.
org.metaabm.ide.CustomMetaABMModelWizard cannot be found by org.eclipse.amp.amf.acore.editor_0.8.0.v201006301337

Any new idea? This question has been asked recently in other forums, but without any satisfactory answer.

Thanks!
Re: "The selected wizard could not be started" error [message #1769356 is a reply to message #1415498] Sun, 30 July 2017 22:23 Go to previous message
Geoff Hay is currently offline Geoff HayFriend
Hi Any answer to this yet?
My latest attempt to actually do an agent project with AMP has not got past this stage.
I downloaded this:
http://www.eclipse.org/downloads/download.php?file=/technology/epp/downloads/release/oxygen/R/eclipse-modeling-oxygen-R-win32-x86_64.zip

expecting the AMP tools to be included (see documentation), nope.
did an install updates: Ascape didnt seem to be available ? went to sourceforge and downloaded the latest jar. didn't solve the problem.

ok would have been nice if this version (Oxygen with EMF tools) included AMP, actually worked and was in sync with the documentation.

web pages seem to go round in circles - actually finding AMP (didn't - see the site) , finding the 'all inclusive' eclipse was tedious. following the tutorial didn't make it past the first page, update sites failed - come on, eclipse WAS better than this.

so, if there is no answer to the current problem then give up?

Plug-in org.eclipse.amp.amf.acore.editor was unable to load class org.metaabm.ide.CustomMetaABMModelWizard.
org.metaabm.ide.CustomMetaABMModelWizard cannot be found by org.eclipse.amp.amf.acore.editor_0.8.0.v201006301337

does not seem to be any activity apart from some posts in 2009 and this thread? Dead?

Previous Topic:news.eclipse.org is shutting down.
Next Topic:Problem with update site
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 18:57:37 GMT 2024