Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Eclipse 4 » Logging on Mac OS(unable to find .log file when product exporting for mac os)
Logging on Mac OS [message #1415399] Tue, 02 September 2014 17:44 Go to next message
Martin Bayer is currently offline Martin BayerFriend
Hi all,
I created a small application based on Eclipse 4 platform. I also added some logging via logging service and after exporting the application for windows, everything works fine and I can find a .log file on the following location:
{application root}/workspace/.metadata/.log (folder structure is created when the application is started up first time)

But when I export the application for Mac OS, there is no such folder structure created and I'm not able to find the .log file neither.
I'm not working on Mac at all, so does anyone have a similar experience or could anyone who uses Mac OS help me with this problem.

Thanks

[Updated on: Tue, 02 September 2014 17:45]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Logging on Mac OS [message #1415413 is a reply to message #1415399] Tue, 02 September 2014 18:21 Go to previous message
Brian de Alwis is currently offline Brian de AlwisFriend

Have you configured a workspace? E.g., via a command-line argument (-data) or as a system property (osgi.instance.area)? If not, then I believe the app will first try to find/create a workspace alongside the executable (e.g., in the XXXX.app/Contents/MacOS/ directory) if it's writable. Otherwise it uses the default location which is in ~/Documents/workspace.

Brian.
Previous Topic:How to correctly toggle visibility of a Placeholder?
Next Topic:E4 Compatibility Layer Menu Ordering Issues.
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 04 10:55:13 GMT 2021