Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » Papyrus » Document generation from a model(How to generate a document from a model)
icon7.gif  Document generation from a model [message #1415350] Tue, 02 September 2014 15:27 Go to next message
Philip LOUCOPOULOS is currently offline Philip LOUCOPOULOSFriend
Hi all,

I intend to use PAPYRUS to develop a system model. But I did not see yet the possibility to generate documentation from a model.

My questions:
- How to generate a document containing the view of all diagrams and associated data ?
- How to generate a document containing only a view of the system model (sub-system, ...) ?

Can anyone guide me on this subject ?

Thanks for your help !

Philip
Re: Document generation from a model [message #1415387 is a reply to message #1415350] Tue, 02 September 2014 17:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Camille Letavernier is currently offline Camille LetavernierFriend
Hi Philip,

Papyrus itself doesn't provide any specific support for Documentation generation. Users typically rely on external tools such as GenDoc2 or Birt:

https://projects.eclipse.org/projects/modeling.gendoc
https://www.eclipse.org/birt/

However, GenDoc has not been updated to Luna yet, and last time I checked, Birt didn't provide any connector for EMF/UML models (At least not in open source; I'm not sure about the proprietary connectors).

I think GenDoc is supposed to join the Eclipse Release Train for the Mars release, so we can expect at least an initial version in the incoming months.

Regards,
Camille

Camille Letavernier
Re: Document generation from a model [message #1795779 is a reply to message #1415387] Fri, 28 September 2018 13:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
pxDoc Team is currently offline pxDoc TeamFriend
Hi,

You can also use pxDoc and its integration with Papyrus.

pxDoc is a new way of generating documents with a dedicated language (only ~30 keywords) integrated with the Java world. Since pxDoc works on the Java level directly, you can take any Java object as input for your generation. You can have a look at the pxDoc documentation, and the pxDoc-Papyrus integration.

Note that you will need to install Xtext and pxDoc before installing the pxDoc-Papyrus integration.

Have fun with pxDoc !

Kind regards,
the pxDoc Team
Re: Document generation from a model [message #1797907 is a reply to message #1415350] Thu, 08 November 2018 11:46 Go to previous message
Oliver Gardiner is currently offline Oliver GardinerFriend
In the past, I have use Apache POI to create data catalogues in OOXML format, and Freemarker to generate HTML based documentation (Javadoc style works very well for Class/Entity Relationship models. The key is being able to use the UML2 classes from EMF/UML2 to traverse the model. We also use this approach for generating XML Schema.
Previous Topic:GENERAR CODIGO
Next Topic:ExternLibrary Stereotype
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 22:48:53 GMT 2024