Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » eTrice » Mac OS X
Mac OS X [message #1413827] Fri, 29 August 2014 14:11 Go to next message
Paul W is currently offline Paul WFriend
Hi Folks -

I wanted to try out eTrice on mac os x with GCC from the Xcode kit. I have installed the package into Kepler and the code generation step for the demos works fine. However the build fails due to missing "windows.h" header. Should I be using the POSIX build configuration?

Thanks

Paul
Re: Mac OS X [message #1414722 is a reply to message #1413827] Mon, 01 September 2014 06:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thomas Schuetz is currently offline Thomas SchuetzFriend
Hello Paul,
yes, posix should work for mac os x.
If you run into any problems, please let us know.

Thomas
Re: Mac OS X [message #1414906 is a reply to message #1414722] Mon, 01 September 2014 15:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi Thomas -

Thanks for the reply.

I am going through the steps to start the tutorial documents. I have Eclipse Kepler Service Release 2 with the modelling tools build, along with CDT, and eTrice 0.4. I also have gcc, gdb, etc as a compiler on my OS X from the Xcode.

The first problem I encounter are three errors messages after I create the library projects for the C tutorial, with the C runtime, modellib, eTrice C tutorials, and eTrice Trafficlight for Tutorials.

The errors are below. All relate to "unresolved proxy" and to Graphiti.

Any help would be appreciated.

Paul

----------------------------------------------
Description Resource Path Location Type
The feature 'businessObjects' of 'org.eclipse.graphiti.mm.pictograms.impl.PictogramLinkImpl@7e0ee3b0{platform:/resource/org.eclipse.etrice.modellib.c/model/diagrams/room.basic.service.timing.ATimingService.structure#//@children.0/@children.0/@link}' contains an unresolved proxy 'org.eclipse.emf.ecore.impl.EObjectImpl@41d34d3{platform:/resource/org.eclipse.etrice.modellib.c/model/TimingService.room#SPPRef:ATimingService$timer}' room.basic.service.timing.ATimingService.structure /org.eclipse.etrice.modellib.c/model/diagrams line: 0 /org.eclipse.etrice.modellib.c/model/diagrams/room.basic.service.timing.ATimingService.structure Xtext Check (fast)

The feature 'businessObjects' of 'org.eclipse.graphiti.mm.pictograms.impl.PictogramLinkImpl@3683d435{platform:/resource/org.eclipse.etrice.tutorials.c/model/SetupTest/diagrams/SetupTest_Model.SubSysClass1.structure#//@children.0/@children.1/@children.1/@link}' contains an unresolved proxy 'org.eclipse.emf.ecore.impl.EObjectImpl@4e11295{file:/C:/entw/projekte/eTrice/repositories/FlatWorld/org.eclipse.etrice.modellib.c/model/TimingService.room#SPPRef:ATimingService$timer}' SetupTest_Model.SubSysClass1.structure /org.eclipse.etrice.tutorials.c/model/SetupTest/diagrams line: 0 /org.eclipse.etrice.tutorials.c/model/SetupTest/diagrams/SetupTest_Model.SubSysClass1.structure Xtext Check (fast)

The feature 'businessObjects' of 'org.eclipse.graphiti.mm.pictograms.impl.PictogramLinkImpl@280727a6{platform:/resource/org.eclipse.etrice.tutorials.c/model/PingPong/diagrams/PingPong_Model.SubSysClass1.structure#//@children.0/@children.1/@children.1/@link}' contains an unresolved proxy 'org.eclipse.emf.ecore.impl.EObjectImpl@2adddb77{file:/C:/entw/projekte/eTrice/repositories/FlatWorld/org.eclipse.etrice.modellib.c/model/TimingService.room#SPPRef:ATimingService$timer}' PingPong_Model.SubSysClass1.structure /org.eclipse.etrice.tutorials.c/model/PingPong/diagrams line: 0 /org.eclipse.etrice.tutorials.c/model/PingPong/diagrams/PingPong_Model.SubSysClass1.structure Xtext
Re: Mac OS X [message #1415223 is a reply to message #1414906] Tue, 02 September 2014 10:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Henrik Rentz-Reichert is currently offline Henrik Rentz-ReichertFriend
Hi Paul,

the error messages all refer to diagrams where we previously used absolute paths.
But as soon as you open these diagrams the error is auto-fixed.
And in any case this doesn't pose problems for the code generation.

So please just ignore these errors.

-Henrik

Am 01.09.2014 um 17:19 schrieb Paul W:
> Hi Thomas -
> Thanks for the reply.
>
> I am going through the steps to start the tutorial documents. I have Eclipse Kepler Service Release 2 with the modelling tools
> build, along with CDT, and eTrice 0.4. I also have gcc, gdb, etc as a compiler on my OS X from the Xcode.
> The first problem I encounter are three errors messages after I create the library projects for the C tutorial, with the C
> runtime, modellib, eTrice C tutorials, and eTrice Trafficlight for Tutorials.
> The errors are below. All relate to "unresolved proxy" and to Graphiti.
> Any help would be appreciated.
>
> Paul
>
> ----------------------------------------------
> Description Resource Path Location Type
> The feature 'businessObjects' of
> mailto:'org.eclipse.graphiti.mm.pictograms.impl.PictogramLinkImpl@7e0ee3b0{platform:/resource/org.eclipse.etrice.modellib.c/model/diagrams/room.basic.service.timing.ATimingService.structure#//@children.0/@children.0/@link}'
> contains an unresolved proxy
> mailto:'org.eclipse.emf.ecore.impl.EObjectImpl@41d34d3{platform:/resource/org.eclipse.etrice.modellib.c/model/TimingService.room#SPPRef:ATimingService$timer}'
> room.basic.service.timing.ATimingService.structure /org.eclipse.etrice.modellib.c/model/diagrams line: 0
> /org.eclipse.etrice.modellib.c/model/diagrams/room.basic.service.timing.ATimingService.structure Xtext Check (fast)
>
> mailto:'org.eclipse.graphiti.mm.pictograms.impl.PictogramLinkImpl@3683d435{platform:/resource/org.eclipse.etrice.tutorials.c/model/SetupTest/diagrams/SetupTest_Model.SubSysClass1.structure#//@children.0/@children.1/@children.1/@link}'
> mailto:'org.eclipse.emf.ecore.impl.EObjectImpl@4e11295{file:/C:/entw/projekte/eTrice/repositories/FlatWorld/org.eclipse.etrice.modellib.c/model/TimingService.room#SPPRef:ATimingService$timer}'
> SetupTest_Model.SubSysClass1.structure /org.eclipse.etrice.tutorials.c/model/SetupTest/diagrams line: 0
> /org.eclipse.etrice.tutorials.c/model/SetupTest/diagrams/SetupTest_Model.SubSysClass1.structure Xtext Check (fast)
>
> mailto:'org.eclipse.graphiti.mm.pictograms.impl.PictogramLinkImpl@280727a6{platform:/resource/org.eclipse.etrice.tutorials.c/model/PingPong/diagrams/PingPong_Model.SubSysClass1.structure#//@children.0/@children.1/@children.1/@link}'
> mailto:'org.eclipse.emf.ecore.impl.EObjectImpl@2adddb77{file:/C:/entw/projekte/eTrice/repositories/FlatWorld/org.eclipse.etrice.modellib.c/model/TimingService.room#SPPRef:ATimingService$timer}'
> PingPong_Model.SubSysClass1.structure /org.eclipse.etrice.tutorials.c/model/PingPong/diagrams line: 0
> /org.eclipse.etrice.tutorials.c/model/PingPong/diagrams/PingPong_Model.SubSysClass1.structure Xtext
Re: Mac OS X [message #1415274 is a reply to message #1415223] Tue, 02 September 2014 13:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thanks much Henrik -

When I move to the next step, the compilation fails with some data type errors:

Description Resource Path Location Type
unknown type name 'timer_t'; did you mean 'time_t'? etDatatypes.h /org.eclipse.etrice.runtime.c/src/platforms/MT_POSIX_GENERIC_GCC line 108 C/C++ Problem
unknown type name 'sigevent_t'; did you mean 'sigset_t'? etDatatypes.h /org.eclipse.etrice.runtime.c/src/platforms/MT_POSIX_GENERIC_GCC line 109 C/C++ Problem
unknown type name 'timer_t'; did you mean 'time_t'? etDatatypes.h /org.eclipse.etrice.runtime.c/src/platforms/MT_POSIX_GENERIC_GCC line 113 C/C++ Problem
make: *** [src-gen/room/basic/service/timing/ATimingService.o] Error 1 org.eclipse.etrice.modellib.c C/C++ Problem
unknown type name 'timer_t'; did you mean 'time_t'? etDatatypes.h /org.eclipse.etrice.runtime.c/src/platforms/MT_POSIX_GENERIC_GCC line 108 C/C++ Problem
make: *** [src-gen/SetupTest_Model/PPingPong.o] Error 1 org.eclipse.etrice.tutorials.c C/C++ Problem
unknown type name 'sigevent_t'; did you mean 'sigset_t'? etDatatypes.h /org.eclipse.etrice.runtime.c/src/platforms/MT_POSIX_GENERIC_GCC line 109 C/C++ Problem
unknown type name 'timer_t'; did you mean 'time_t'? etDatatypes.h /org.eclipse.etrice.runtime.c/src/platforms/MT_POSIX_GENERIC_GCC line 113 C/C++ Problem
make: *** [src/platforms/MT_POSIX_GENERIC_GCC/etLogger.o] Error 1 org.eclipse.etrice.runtime.c C/C++ Problem
Re: Mac OS X [message #1415336 is a reply to message #1415274] Tue, 02 September 2014 14:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi Paul,

unfortunately we don't have an OS X platform available for testing.

The types timer_t and sigevent_t are standard POSIX types but might be found in different locations on OS X.
You could give it a try and locate those types in your C library and include the corresponding headers.

If all that doesn't help I guess we need a separate port to OS X.

-Henrik

Am 02.09.2014 um 15:21 schrieb Paul W:
> Thanks much Henrik -
>
> When I move to the next step, the compilation fails with some data type errors:
>
> Description Resource Path Location Type
> unknown type name 'timer_t'; did you mean 'time_t'? etDatatypes.h
> /org.eclipse.etrice.runtime.c/src/platforms/MT_POSIX_GENERIC_GCC line 108 C/C++ Problem
> unknown type name 'sigevent_t'; did you mean 'sigset_t'? etDatatypes.h
> /org.eclipse.etrice.runtime.c/src/platforms/MT_POSIX_GENERIC_GCC line 109 C/C++ Problem
> /org.eclipse.etrice.runtime.c/src/platforms/MT_POSIX_GENERIC_GCC line 113 C/C++ Problem
> make: *** [src-gen/room/basic/service/timing/ATimingService.o] Error 1 org.eclipse.etrice.modellib.c C/C++ Problem
> /org.eclipse.etrice.runtime.c/src/platforms/MT_POSIX_GENERIC_GCC line 108 C/C++ Problem
> make: *** [src-gen/SetupTest_Model/PPingPong.o] Error 1 org.eclipse.etrice.tutorials.c C/C++ Problem
> unknown type name 'sigevent_t'; did you mean 'sigset_t'? etDatatypes.h
> /org.eclipse.etrice.runtime.c/src/platforms/MT_POSIX_GENERIC_GCC line 109 C/C++ Problem
> /org.eclipse.etrice.runtime.c/src/platforms/MT_POSIX_GENERIC_GCC line 113 C/C++ Problem
> make: *** [src/platforms/MT_POSIX_GENERIC_GCC/etLogger.o] Error 1 org.eclipse.etrice.runtime.c C/C++ Problem
>
Re: Mac OS X [message #1415362 is a reply to message #1415336] Tue, 02 September 2014 15:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Henrik -

I searched for timer_t and sigevent_t through all my library files on OS X and unfortunately it appears that OS X doesn't support these types.

I read online that OS X doesn't support that TMR options of POSIX. Too bad.

Paul
Re: Mac OS X [message #1415784 is a reply to message #1415362] Wed, 03 September 2014 15:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I have switched over to Windows with MinGW and tried again.

With this environment I am able to get the runtime.c and modellib.c projects to compile OK. However, I can't get the tutorials to execute. I have compiled as MinGWDebug configuration.

However there is no "Binaries" folder as indicated in the tutorial documentation. But there is a org.eclipse.etrice.tutorials.c.exe file in the MinGWDebug folder. However there is no Run configuration available for this exe so I can't run it as a local c/c++ application.

Re: Mac OS X [message #1418172 is a reply to message #1415784] Sat, 06 September 2014 17:05 Go to previous message
Hi Paul,

in the project properties go to C/C++ Build > Settings > Binary Parsers and select "PE Windows Parser".
Then the binary will be detected.

An alternative is to create a C/C++ launch configuration manually and enter the path to the executable.

I will add this hint to our documentation and a launch configuration to the example project.
Thanks for the feed back.

Regards,
Henrik

Am 03.09.2014 um 17:50 schrieb Paul W:
> I have switched over to Windows with MinGW and tried again.
>
> With this environment I am able to get the runtime.c and modellib.c projects to compile OK. However, I can't get the tutorials to
> execute. I have compiled as MinGWDebug configuration.
>
> However there is no "Binaries" folder as indicated in the tutorial documentation. But there is a
> org.eclipse.etrice.tutorials.c.exe file in the MinGWDebug folder. However there is no Run configuration available for this exe so
> I can't run it as a local c/c++ application.
>
>
>
>
Previous Topic:[announce] eTrice 0.4.0 release
Next Topic:argc/argv on embedded targets
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 18 23:58:48 GMT 2024