Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » Java Development Tools (JDT) » Configure Eclipse to compile with javac instead of ECJ?
Configure Eclipse to compile with javac instead of ECJ? [message #1413309] Thu, 28 August 2014 08:54 Go to next message
rop Mising name is currently offline rop Mising nameFriend
I have encountered some java8-related code in a maven project that compiles with the javac compiler, but gives compilation-errors in Eclipse (ECJ compiler differ from javac, I suppose).

I'm importing it in Eclipse-Luna with: Import => Maven => Existsing Maven Project

As a quick fix, is there a way to make Eclipse use javac in a maven-project (thus disabling the ECJ-compiler)?
Re: Configure Eclipse to compile with javac instead of ECJ? [message #1413397 is a reply to message #1413309] Thu, 28 August 2014 12:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Stephan Herrmann is currently offline Stephan HerrmannFriend
You can always deselect "Project > Build Automatically", but the editor will of course still show the error (there's no way to let the editor use javac).

OTOH, it would be great if you could extract a reproducing example and file a bug so we can analyse whether indeed this is a bug in ecj, or if javac accepts illegal source code.

S.
Re: Configure Eclipse to compile with javac instead of ECJ? [message #1413513 is a reply to message #1413397] Thu, 28 August 2014 18:33 Go to previous message
rop Mising name is currently offline rop Mising nameFriend
I also posted the question here with a demo-example of the compiler-problem:

stackoverflow.com/questions/25544352/configure-eclipse-to-compile-with-javac-instead-of-ecj

Got answer it's already known bug, and has been fixed, but official release still pending...

[Updated on: Thu, 28 August 2014 18:34]

Report message to a moderator

Previous Topic:How does eclipse add blocks for control statement
Next Topic:Refactoring idea for org.eclipse.jdt.internal.compiler.ast.BinaryExpression
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 10:34:42 GMT 2024