Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » BIRT » Birt 4.4 Excel Emitter to single sheet excel export(Excel Emitter is creating multiple sheets based on the page break, this is different from how it was in 3.7 emitter)
Birt 4.4 Excel Emitter to single sheet excel export [message #1413242] Thu, 28 August 2014 06:16 Go to next message
Sandeep Madhavan is currently offline Sandeep MadhavanFriend
I am trying to migrate from Birt 3.7 to 4.4. The excel export option in 4.4 exports the excel and creates a multitab excel based on the page break setting. But in version 3.7 it was coming properly in a single sheet.

My requirement is to get the excel export in to a single sheet.

Could you please help me with this?

Thanks
Sandeep
Re: Birt 4.4 Excel Emitter to single sheet excel export [message #1415952 is a reply to message #1413242] Thu, 04 September 2014 03:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Michael Williams is currently offline Michael WilliamsFriend

Set your report layout to auto in the property editor and make sure you don't have your page break values for your tables set to 0. Let me know if this helps.

Michael

Developer Evangelist, Silanis
Re: Birt 4.4 Excel Emitter to single sheet excel export [message #1416001 is a reply to message #1415952] Thu, 04 September 2014 06:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Sandeep Madhavan is currently offline Sandeep MadhavanFriend
Thanks Michael for the response.

This will work, but my requirement is slightly different. I don't want to change anything at the report design level, as I am trying for a migration activity for 100+ reports. And when I export these reports to PDF, then I would need the page break so that it comes properly in multiple pages in pdf.

What I am looking for is something more centralized, like a property at the viewer level to specify if the export format is XLS/XLSX then export in to single sheet.

Thanks.
Re: Birt 4.4 Excel Emitter to single sheet excel export [message #1416245 is a reply to message #1416001] Thu, 04 September 2014 17:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message

I think the standard XLS still works the way you're wanting. The XLS_Spudsoft and XLSX do the page breaking. These are both from the Spudsoft Excel Emitters project.

You could set the page break interval based on your output format, but you'd have to modify each report to do so.

Michael

Re: Birt 4.4 Excel Emitter to single sheet excel export [message #1693474 is a reply to message #1416245] Fri, 24 April 2015 12:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Gesiel da Silva is currently offline Gesiel da SilvaFriend
If you're using spudsoft emiiter, you can pass the option "__ExcelEmitter.SingleSheet". In my case, I change BirtExportReportDialog.js file to something like this:

if(format == "xls")
{
action = action + " &__emitterid=uk.co.spudsoft.birt.emitters.excel.XlsEmitter&__ExcelEmitter.DisplayRowColHeadings=true&__ExcelEmitter.SingleSheet=true";
}
Re: Birt 4.4 Excel Emitter to single sheet excel export [message #1694663 is a reply to message #1693474] Thu, 07 May 2015 02:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Thanks Gesiel da Silva.

Michael

Re: Birt 4.4 Excel Emitter to single sheet excel export [message #1718714 is a reply to message #1693474] Tue, 29 December 2015 12:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Jagannath Jayakumar is currently offline Jagannath JayakumarFriend
May I know what is the case for the xlsx.

Is this correct code
if( format=="xlsx" )
{
action = action + "&__emitterid=uk.co.spudsoft.birt.emitters.excel.XlsEmitter&__ExcelEmitter.DisplayRowColHeadings=true&__ExcelEmitter.SingleSheet=true";
}

I tried this is not working
Re: Birt 4.4 Excel Emitter to single sheet excel export [message #1718717 is a reply to message #1693474] Tue, 29 December 2015 12:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
for xls by default it is working fine but for xlsx it is giving multiple sheets.Please suggest
Re: Birt 4.4 Excel Emitter to single sheet excel export [message #1718915 is a reply to message #1694663] Sat, 02 January 2016 10:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Refer this link as well
birtworld.blogspot.in/2011/07/replacing-default-birt-xls-emitter
Re: Birt 4.4 Excel Emitter to single sheet excel export [message #1720101 is a reply to message #1718915] Thu, 14 January 2016 11:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thanks
It worked i moved jar in the lib folder .I got in the Single sheet

if( format=="xlsx" )
{
action = action + "&__emitterid=uk.co.spudsoft.birt.emitters.excel.XlsxEmitter&__ExcelEmitter.DisplayRowColHeadings=true&__ExcelEmitter.SingleSheet=true";

}
Re: Birt 4.4 Excel Emitter to single sheet excel export [message #1751183 is a reply to message #1720101] Thu, 05 January 2017 13:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Naresh Proddutour is currently offline Naresh ProddutourFriend
Hi.... Jagannath,

Could u pls tell where do I need to add this code

if( format=="xlsx" )
{
action = action + "&__emitterid=uk.co.spudsoft.birt.emitters.excel.XlsxEmitter&__ExcelEmitter.DisplayRowColHeadings=true&__ExcelEmitter.SingleSheet=true";

}
Re: Birt 4.4 Excel Emitter to single sheet excel export [message #1765159 is a reply to message #1413242] Wed, 07 June 2017 07:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
sharmila sanu is currently offline sharmila sanuFriend
In order to avoid multi tab creation of records in excel sheet,set the page break interval correctly

1.In Outline ,select Body -->Table
2.In Properties,Select Advanced -->Page break Interval

Example:
If Page break Interval is set to 40, then after 40th record in table it migrates to next sheet.
Re: Birt 4.4 Excel Emitter to single sheet excel export- repeat header issue resolved. [message #1822435 is a reply to message #1413242] Fri, 06 March 2020 06:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
sandip Mohapatra is currently offline sandip MohapatraFriend
BIRT report does support xls or xlsx file download features. However for xlsx the downloaded file contains multiple sheets by default.

In order to change this to a single sheet put the below code in BirtExportReportDialog.js.

Method Name : __exportAction : function( )

if(format == "xlsx")
{
action = action + "&__emitterid=uk.co.spudsoft.birt.emitters.excel.XlsxEmitter&__ExcelEmitter.SingleSheet=true&__ExcelEmitter.SingleSheetWithPageBreaks=true";
}

However this will fix the problem partially for xlsx file. Although it will create a single sheet excel file but the headers will be repeated after every 30/40 records which is a problem.

To over come this issue make the below changes in java file as excel Emitters does not support this feature. This is working for me.

Java File : ReportEngineService.java
Method Name : private IRenderTask createRenderTask (........)

if ( (!IBirtConstants.EXCEL_RENDER_FORMAT.equalsIgnoreCase( format )) && (!I"xlsx".equalsIgnoreCase( format ) ) )
{
( (IRenderOption) renderOption ).setOption( IRenderOption.HTML_PAGINATION, Boolean.TRUE );
}

This is tested and working fine.
Re: Birt 4.4 Excel Emitter to single sheet excel export- repeat header issue resolved. [message #1837357 is a reply to message #1822435] Thu, 28 January 2021 11:19 Go to previous message
Akanksha Mudgal is currently offline Akanksha MudgalFriend
Hi Sandip,

I also have a similar issue and hope this thread can fix the issue.

I updated BirtExportReportDialog.js file as you mentioned, but I still see the data on different sheets on the xlsx file, it's 40 records on each page :(

Moreover, I could not find ReportEngineService.java file. Could you please let me know its path? I looked for it in org.eclipse.birt.report.viewer_4.3.1.v201309171028 and the entire birt folder.

Thank you in advance.

Regards,
Akanksha
Previous Topic:Export BIRT report to xlsx format in single page
Next Topic:Reports Run Multiple Times
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 15:57:30 GMT 2024