Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » EGit / JGit » Egit getting sluggish with WorkingTreeIterator.computeHash()
Egit getting sluggish with WorkingTreeIterator.computeHash() [message #1412464] Tue, 26 August 2014 08:16 Go to next message
Jörg von  Frantzius is currently offline Jörg von FrantziusFriend
Hi,

I am currently hit by https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=442520 so much that I wonder whether somebody else also experiences bad slowdowns of Egit, blocking Eclipse for minutes.

Currently anytime I use the Synchronize View my Eclipse stalls for minutes.

That's with Eclipse Git Team Provider 3.4.1.201406201815-r

Regards,
Jörg
Re: Egit getting sluggish with WorkingTreeIterator.computeHash() [message #1413323 is a reply to message #1412464] Thu, 28 August 2014 09:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Jörg von  Frantzius is currently offline Jörg von FrantziusFriend
To whom it may concern, the easy workaround is to create a fresh clone, afterwards all performance issues related to WorkingTreeIterator.computeHash() were gone.
Re: Egit getting sluggish with WorkingTreeIterator.computeHash() [message #1419927 is a reply to message #1413323] Tue, 09 September 2014 08:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Matthias Sohn is currently offline Matthias SohnFriend
Did you try to run git gc to improve the situation ?

In order to determine if gc could help click "Properties" on the repository in the Repositories View
and check on "Statistics" tab how many loose objects you have compared to packed objects.
Run "Collect Garbage" on the repository to run gc from EGit.

Re: Egit getting sluggish with WorkingTreeIterator.computeHash() [message #1422450 is a reply to message #1419927] Fri, 12 September 2014 21:55 Go to previous message
Robin Rosenberg is currently offline Robin RosenbergFriend
Matthias Sohn skrev 2014-09-09 10.56:
> Did you try to run git gc to improve the situation ?
>
> In order to determine if gc could help click "Properties" on the repository in the Repositories View
> and check on "Statistics" tab how many loose objects you have compared to packed objects.
> Run "Collect Garbage" on the repository to run gc from EGit.

If computeHash is sluggish that probably means it's used too often. I wouldn't be surprised if we
are not handling the index optimally.

Does it help to run git status?

-- robin
Previous Topic:Multi repositories project
Next Topic:unchanged files are being marked as changed
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 12:06:42 GMT 2024