Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » Papyrus » [SysML Activity Diagram] Activity Allocation Compartment
[SysML Activity Diagram] Activity Allocation Compartment [message #1412267] Mon, 25 August 2014 18:00 Go to next message
kim george is currently offline kim georgeFriend
Hi,

I'm trying to achieve functional allocation on an activity diagram. My diagram describes the functional flow of my system, I want to allocate the individual actions in this diagram to various software components.

I see its part of the SysML standard to have a compartment in an action on an activity diagram that shows the object that you're allocating to.

Is this functionality implemented in the current version of papyrus?

I see that I can apply the allocated stereotype however when I apply it, I'm not able to fill out the allocatedto box, it is greyed out.

Re: [SysML Activity Diagram] Activity Allocation Compartment [message #1412460 is a reply to message #1412267] Tue, 26 August 2014 08:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Camille Letavernier is currently offline Camille LetavernierFriend
Hi Kim,

Papyrus doesn't provide any specific support to Behavior Diagrams for SysML. Especially, you won't be able to manipulate any SysML-specific compartment.

Regarding the "allocatedTo" property, it is derived, and Papyrus currently doesn't provide a reverse-derivation helper. So, you need to manually create Allocate links (Abstractions stereotyped with Allocate)

The SysML Allocation Table can help, here

Regards,
Camille

Camille Letavernier
Re: [SysML Activity Diagram] Activity Allocation Compartment [message #1412627 is a reply to message #1412460] Tue, 26 August 2014 16:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
kim george is currently offline kim georgeFriend
Thanks Camille,

Is there a roadmap for implementation of these SysML behavior diagram elements?

Also, is there a roadmap for implementation of the SysML V1.3 standard?

Cheers,
Kim
Re: [SysML Activity Diagram] Activity Allocation Compartment [message #1414873 is a reply to message #1412627] Mon, 01 September 2014 13:43 Go to previous message
Camille Letavernier is currently offline Camille LetavernierFriend
Hi Kim,

I think there are plans to adapt at least some of the Behavior diagrams to SysML (Especially the Activity diagram, maybe others as well) for Eclipse Mars (June 2015). I'm not sure what should be covered exactly.

In a more generic perspective, we're also trying to go for even more customizable diagrams, which would simplify the definition and extension of e.g. SysML diagrams. The target is also Eclipse Mars.

Regarding SysML 1.3, I don't think we have any plan yet. However, if we can make highly customizable diagrams, it should be quite straightforward to support different versions of SysML. So, even if it's not planed, if the extra cost is as low as we expect it to be, we may provide something (But that's purely speculative ATM).

Anyway, don't expect any official release before Eclipse Mars.

Regards,
Camille

Camille Letavernier
Previous Topic:Show element from diagram in model explorer
Next Topic:Create slot programmatically when Classifier is set on InstanceSpecification
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Apr 20 06:21:46 GMT 2024