Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » Jubula » Testing GMF component
Testing GMF component [message #1412223] Mon, 25 August 2014 15:41 Go to next message
Elise Ruelle is currently offline Elise RuelleFriend
Hi,

I have an RCP application with a GMF editor (based on Sirius) with some blocks and links.
I would like to test this editor but the object mapping doesn't recognize the editor as a component and the Inspector view doesn't show anything with a blue rectangle.

So, I would like to know if you have any advice to test this part of my application ? Should I to write an extension for the editor and is it the procedure as for the other extensions ?

I'm using Jubula 7.1 on Windows 7.

Thanks per advance for any help.

Elise Ruelle

ALL4TEC
Re: Testing GMF component [message #1412544 is a reply to message #1412223] Tue, 26 August 2014 12:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Andrey Platov is currently offline Andrey PlatovFriend
Hello, you can use Eclipse RCPTT http://www.eclipse.org/rcptt to test this part of your application - it deals pretty well with GEF.

Andrey
Re: Testing GMF component [message #1412593 is a reply to message #1412544] Tue, 26 August 2014 14:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Alexandra Schladebeck is currently offline Alexandra SchladebeckFriend
Hi Elise,

I think it will depend on what kind of editor it is and what kinds of figures are in it. Can you provide any details about the editor component and the types of figures inside it?

Best regards,
Alex
Re: Testing GMF component [message #1412598 is a reply to message #1412544] Tue, 26 August 2014 14:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi,

Thanks for your proposition...

But to continue on my aim to test my GMF component, I've tried to create an accessibility plugin as it's recommended in the user manual.

For that, I've took the GEF example in the Jubula installation and I can't run it. I can't launch the AUT for the GEF example and the extension plugin have some errors :
1) The plugin org.eclipse.jubula.rc.rcp.e3 is unable
2) org.eclipse.jubula.rc.rcp.e3.gef.identifier.ClassCountEditPartIdentifier can't be imported. Event after adding the plugin org.eclipse.jubula.rc.rcp.e3 to my target platform (after much search to find it)

How can I run the example ? and also how can I extend my own GMF component ?

Thx per advance for any help.

Elise Ruelle

ALL4TEC
Re: Testing GMF component [message #1412629 is a reply to message #1412598] Tue, 26 August 2014 16:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
David Hickernell is currently offline David HickernellFriend
What version of Eclipse is the RCP app from? I thought I remembered reading that the e4 version of GEF doesn't work with Jubula.
Re: Testing GMF component [message #1412935 is a reply to message #1412629] Wed, 27 August 2014 11:52 Go to previous message
Hi,

Thanks for your replies.

My editor manages blocks, containers which can contains blocks, links and port (I attach a screenshot of an editor.)

My application is in E4 with the 3.x compatibility layer. But for the Sirius editor I don't know if it uses E4 version.

Thanks.
  • Attachment: Editor.PNG
    (Size: 77.06KB, Downloaded 127 times)

Elise Ruelle

ALL4TEC
Previous Topic:Openoffice Excel and date issues
Next Topic:Problem with new action in component Application
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Apr 20 05:47:29 GMT 2024