|Eclipse Kepler got slow [message #1411213]
||Fri, 22 August 2014 17:44
Registered: February 2013
I'm currently facing a problem that I've tried of everything and couldn't get it to work. I use Eclipse Kepler SR1 build 20130919-0819 and suddently it wasn't working properly. It got soooo sloooow for doing anything: code completion, switching perspectives, scrolling project files. Debugging got impossible. Took like 20s to go to another line.
I haven't installed anything new to the computer or changed any plugins whatsoever.It just got too damn slow!
I've tried changing every memory configuration, installed the latest 1.7_67 VM, used a different Eclipse without any plugins. Nothing worked anymore, but the computer runs smoothly. I've executed eclipse with -clean, put a brand new workspace. Everything you can imagine, I've done it. In the end I ran Java Mission Control and got it to profile Eclipse for a few minutes but couldn't get any information of it.
I hope you can get some answers because I will format my computer so I can use Eclipse again.
My PC is a i7 with SSD, running on Win 64bits and Java 1.7 32bits.
Powered by FUDForum
. Page generated in 0.02033 seconds