Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » JFace » ToolBarManager added to CoolBarManager grabs horizontal space?
ToolBarManager added to CoolBarManager grabs horizontal space? [message #1411137] Fri, 22 August 2014 13:45 Go to next message
Erdal Karaca is currently offline Erdal KaracaFriend
I have a set of ToolBarManagers (each having a set of items) added to a CoolBarManager.
If the CoolBarManagers's parent (or the hosting CoolBar's parent) has not sufficient horizontal space, the first ToolBar (which is set as Control to the first CoolItem) grabs the horizontal space such that the next ToolBar is pushed aside (looks like being "right aligned inside the Coolbar"), see attachment.
Could not find out how to control this behavior: I need the ToolBars to be positioned one after one without any gaps in between.

Asked on the SWT forum, but maybe this is not directly related to the low level widgets of SWT.
Re: ToolBarManager added to CoolBarManager grabs horizontal space? [message #1412107 is a reply to message #1411137] Mon, 25 August 2014 10:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Not sure if relevant, but when registering a RESIZE event listener to the CoolBar instance and trying to print the wrap indices I get an NPE:

Caused by: java.lang.NullPointerException
	at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.CoolBar.getWrapIndices(CoolBar.java:646)

(Stack trace chopped)

It seems that the CoolBar contains null CoolItems.
I am just using JFace contribution managers to contribute the CoolBar.
Re: ToolBarManager added to CoolBarManager grabs horizontal space? [message #1429005 is a reply to message #1412107] Mon, 22 September 2014 17:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Krishnakant Mane is currently offline Krishnakant ManeFriend
I had same problems
Re: ToolBarManager added to CoolBarManager grabs horizontal space? [message #1429574 is a reply to message #1429005] Tue, 23 September 2014 12:18 Go to previous message
And what did you do to solve it? Or is that still an issue for you, too?

The 3.x IDE seems to have the same problem (just resize the window).
The 4.x platform seems to use a custom CoolBarManager that does not wrap/use the CoolBar widget. But since the CoolBar itself does not have that behavior (i.e. when not using CoolBarManager), I think the CoolBarManager behaves strange.

Krishnakant Mane wrote on Mon, 22 September 2014 19:12
I had same problems

Previous Topic:creating JSF application in Eclipse, putting jar files in WEB-INF
Next Topic:Content not displaced in TreeViewer
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 04:37:51 GMT 2024